Looking for insight on how to fix my board's problem

Rodinski

I just purchased an AJAZZ068 and instantly installed some AKKO V3 Cream Blues in and absolutely adore it.  One of my favorite keyboards.  But I'm having an issue with my q key.  If I press the switch all the way in, it stops registering.  I have the switch just handing in the slot and it is registering the q key 90% of the time, but the moment I push the switch all the way into the board to where it clicks, it no longer works.  I'm guessing there is a short somewhere.  Initially I thought it may just be the prongs not making contact, so I tried bending the pins on the switch to various angles without luck.  The switch worked fine initially.

Any ideas on what I could do to fix this before I send it back?  Is there a highly quality version of this layout by a different brand?

I also noticed the slots, initially, were not flush with the board as compared to the other switches slots.  After pushing on the board, they became flush again.

Cheers for any help...

q key.jpg

I'm guessing the hot swap socket came loose. Could be from you pushing in the switch without supporting the hot swap socket from behind, as you really should do. If you open the keyboard and check the PCB from behind, you might be able to tell if this has happened. 

:)

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I'm guessing the hot swap socket came loose. Could be from you pushing in the switch without supporting the hot swap socket from behind, as you really should do. If you open the keyboard and check the PCB from behind, you might be able to tell if this has happened. 

If that's the case, what would I need to do to fix it?

1 minute ago, Rodinski said:

If that's the case, what would I need to do to fix it?

Just solder it back on. 

:)

Looks like this may be the case.  Thanks seon!