4070 Super on a 600w Platinium

Coolbreeze.qc

Hey guys, first post here, I have a question regarding a power supply.

I have a really small mini PC with a SilverStone FX600 Cybenetics Platinum 600W power supply. My complete build specs are:

• Intel Core i7-14700KF
  • ROG STRIX Z690-I GAMING WIFI
  • 2x8 GB 4800 Kingston DDR5
  • Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2 SSD
  • ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 4070 Twin Edge OC DLSS 3 12GB
  • Cybenetics Platinum 600W power supply (https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/product/info/power-supplies/FX600Platinum/) (It's the best PSU I was able to find for that size.)
  • Custom watercooling:
    • Alphacool DC-LT 2600 Ultra low noise ceramic - 12V DC Pump with Alphacool Eisstation DC-LT - Solo Top
    • MagiCool Premium Series Copper DUAL 2x80mm Radiator - Black
    • 2x Noctua NF-A8 PWM chromax.Black.swap 80mm
  • Geeek A30 case
  • Samsung S90C 77'' 4k - 144 Hz OLED TV
  • Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro (8 Nm)

I use this computer to play games, and I would like to get the best card that possibly fits in it. The 4070 is doing a great job, but when playing Forza Motorsport at max settings in 4k, I'm "only" getting 72 FPS.

I was looking to change my 4070 to a 4070 Super (ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER Twin Edge OC DLSS 3 12GB) I know I'm pushing the limit quite a bit since it's a super small PC and the PSU is 600W, but at the same time, it's only 20W more.

The PSU supports dual 8 pins (so I can connect the dual 8 pin 12VHPWR adaptor), but it's on a single cable. However, even with the 4070 Super, I'm still within the wattage limit considering the 75W supplied by the PCIE socket.

Pros:

• It's a Platinum PSU that helps to run OK near the limit.
  • https://pc-builds.com/power-supply-calculator/ gave me a total configuration wattage of 383W with the 4070 (the 4070 Super is not listed yet), so I guess 403W with the 4070 Super, about 67% out of the 600W.

Cons:

• It's a super small mini-ITX, even with watercooling it runs hot, which is definitely a con since heat reduces efficiency.

I'm perfectly aware that I'm playing with the limits. I've been a computer tech for over 20 years now, but I guess I need external advice.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

mini_pc.jpg

minipc-side.jpg

That Calculator gives bs numbers. My 4070 uses about 210 watts at max load. 

600 Watts should be enough even with 14700KF.

I edit my posts more often than not