Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R vs DT 900 PRO X

KennethTeka

Hi,

I'm deciding between the Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R and the DT 900 PRO X for my new headphone. I can get the TYGR 300 R with the FOX microphone as a bundle for 239 Euro, the DT 900 PRO X costs the same without an microphone. Is the 900 PRO X worth the extra money or should ik just get the bundle with the TYGR? My maximum budget is 300 euro so I have room to buy an microphone with the DT 900 PRO X but I don't know if its's a better headphone or not. I will use it for gaming and some music.

For gaming, and the microphone dilemma, just grab the TYGR's. They're a very good set of cans 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

9 hours ago, KennethTeka said:

Hi,

I'm deciding between the Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R and the DT 900 PRO X for my new headphone. I can get the TYGR 300 R with the FOX microphone as a bundle for 239 Euro, the DT 900 PRO X costs the same without an microphone. Is the 900 PRO X worth the extra money or should ik just get the bundle with the TYGR? My maximum budget is 300 euro so I have room to buy an microphone with the DT 900 PRO X but I don't know if its's a better headphone or not. I will use it for gaming and some music.

For your needs if your just gaming I would stick to just getting the tygr no bundle. And get a good cheap dynamic mic with an arm like a Samson q2u. The dt 900 is good but not that much better than the tygr specifically for gaming. For general sound quality it's definitely better but 100 euros more? Debatable 

I'd take the TYGR (less shrill and piercing highs plus it has a mic) but Beyerdynamic are very rarely the best option when you're looking to buy headphones, Sennheiser PC38x and HD560S (PC38 is a 560S in unique colours with a boom mic) Rode NTH-100M and maybe a Audeze Maxwell (more region dependant, prices fluctuate a lot) are all options that are much better than the TYGR's for gaming. (plus if you're just PC gaming then a used/ refurbished Audio Technica R70X + whatever euro leftover USB mic will be far better than any all-in-one headset)

13 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

I'd take the TYGR (less shrill and piercing highs plus it has a mic) but Beyerdynamic are very rarely the best option when you're looking to buy headphones, Sennheiser PC38x and HD560S (PC38 is a 560S in unique colours with a boom mic) Rode NTH-100M and maybe a Audeze Maxwell (more region dependant, prices fluctuate a lot) are all options that are much better than the TYGR's for gaming. (plus if you're just PC gaming then a used/ refurbished Audio Technica R70X + whatever euro leftover USB mic will be far better than any all-in-one headset)

Thanks for the respons. I would like the headset to be open back (that takes out the Audeze Maxwell), because I am in a quiet environment. So the 560 from Sennheiser would be a better pick or the R70X. I can't find the R70X beneath 339 euro in my country, so that's a no go. Why is Beyerdynamic not the best option if I may ask? My previous headset was a PC360 game but my ears tend to hurt with it and I had some occasionally microphone problems with it (Not very clear sometimes). 

37 minutes ago, Slottr said:

For gaming, and the microphone dilemma, just grab the TYGR's. They're a very good set of cans 

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, KennethTeka said:

Hi,

Tygrs

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

2 hours ago, KennethTeka said:

Thanks for the respons. I would like the headset to be open back (that takes out the Audeze Maxwell), because I am in a quiet environment. So the 560 from Sennheiser would be a better pick or the R70X. I can't find the R70X beneath 339 euro in my country, so that's a no go. Why is Beyerdynamic not the best option if I may ask? My previous headset was a PC360 game but my ears tend to hurt with it and I had some occasionally microphone problems with it (Not very clear sometimes). 

I can't speak specifically for the TYGR's but i've tried a lot of Beyerdynamic headphones and always found the treble to be really harsh and piercing (DT990 actually hurt my ears the treble is so overblown) and frankly even a $150 HD560S beats out the thousand dollar T1 for all listening and use purposes, if you just want Beyerdynamic then DT880 is the one to go for (but it is still not as good as HD560S) you can find inline mics for Sennheiser HD600, 650, 6xx, 580 and 660 (they're all the same chassis with the same input, have a look for any of them, super great buy) recently i have seen FiiO FT3's selling for a decent price (these are some of my absolute favourite headphones at the moment, absolutely killer deal) but worst case scenario a PC38x will be a fantastic headset for you 

7 hours ago, Cocococo said:

I can't speak specifically for the TYGR's but i've tried a lot of Beyerdynamic headphones and always found the treble to be really harsh and piercing (DT990 actually hurt my ears the treble is so overblown) and frankly even a $150 HD560S beats out the thousand dollar T1 for all listening and use purposes, if you just want Beyerdynamic then DT880 is the one to go for (but it is still not as good as HD560S) you can find inline mics for Sennheiser HD600, 650, 6xx, 580 and 660 (they're all the same chassis with the same input, have a look for any of them, super great buy) recently i have seen FiiO FT3's selling for a decent price (these are some of my absolute favourite headphones at the moment, absolutely killer deal) but worst case scenario a PC38x will be a fantastic headset for you 

the tyygr is a retuned 990 32 ohm the treble is around where the 880 sits. the mid bass is calmed down and overall is just a more balanced sounding beyer with some fun where the 880 can sound flat and boring its like a nice middle ground between the 990 and 880. it's also 32 ohm so its easy to run off a modern motherboard. you also get that nice benefit of staging that beyers in this price range excel at