Apex Legends Crashing

Clue4644
Go to solution Solved by Clue4644,

I solved the issue. I had to set all the CPU core multipliers from 58x and 55x (default) to 57x and 54x (-1). That fixed the crashing entirely. I found the solution on Reddit. But I dont know why this fix works. 

Hi!

For the past year, I could not play Apex Legends because it crashes at the startup without any error message. I have tried reinstalling drivers, updating bios, and starting the game with DX12, capping FPS to 60 etc, verified ingame files, also started the game in clean boot but it still crashed. 

Do you have any ideas on how I can fix unknown crashing?

In the event viewer, I get this error message:

Faulting application name: r5apex.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65bd531e
Faulting module name: nvgpucomp64.dll, version: 31.0.15.5152, time stamp: 0x65c3b4a9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001430c69
Faulting process ID: 0x0x4C8
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA5F57DD20D84E
Faulting application path: H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Apex Legends\r5apex.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdig.inf_amd64_af623d743ca2092d\nvgpucomp64.dll
Report ID: f9161645-d8d4-4d27-a47e-bfe3f008a6da
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Best regards

Clue

it could be dx12 causing the issue since apex had recently made the switch maybe consider disabling dx12 through steam command line properties. 

Well I tried with dx11 which is by default if I am correct, for DX12 you need to enable it in steam command line. But it doesn't matter which it is the game still crashes. 

8 hours ago, goatedpenguin said:

Is this only for apex or for other games too?

Yes this is the only game crashing, I dont have any crashes with other games.

16 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

What are your hardware specs?

I9-13900k

Z790EGaming

Rtx 4090 Suprim x

DDR5 32GB  (also tried to lower the clock on XMP profile to see if that causes crashing, but no it sadly didnt fix it)

1000 WAT PSU platinum (i think I have it from Corsair)

I am almost sure the problem is with graphic drivers

Use DDU to completely uninstall the drivers and then install drivers again with geforce experience.

Well I did that but

9 hours ago, goatedpenguin said:

Use DDU to completely uninstall the drivers and then install drivers again with geforce experience.

Well I did that but still it doesnt work. But when I ran the game without graphic drivers it launched normaly without crash but it was very laggy like 1-5fps. Then when I reinstalled them it went back to crashing :(.

It could just be a driver issue but I am running a 3070ti on apex with no problems...

7 hours ago, goatedpenguin said:

It could just be a driver issue but I am running a 3070ti on apex with no problems...

Well I read their EA forum for technical issues not long ago. And it seems it crashes the same way for quiet a few people who own rtx 4090. But on the forum they still have not found the solution to the crashing :(. Well if its the driver issue I can not do much.

When dod this issue start? If it was a specific driver version we can roll back the driver to before this happened

4 hours ago, goatedpenguin said:

When dod this issue start? If it was a specific driver version we can roll back the driver to before this happened

I think around a year ago. Cant remember which was the exact driver tho :/. 

Damn you might have to go to the nvidia page and work your way down from there.

I solved the issue. I had to set all the CPU core multipliers from 58x and 55x (default) to 57x and 54x (-1). That fixed the crashing entirely. I found the solution on Reddit. But I dont know why this fix works. 

On 2/21/2024 at 4:56 AM, Clue4644 said:

Thank you, I have been fighting this thing for 12 hours 😂. I dropped my multipliers by 1x each and it worked. I don’t know how you figured that all out, but I owed you a thank you. I registered on this just to say that.

On 2/21/2024 at 1:56 AM, Clue4644 said:

Any way you can show us how to do that via a gigabyte arous z790 master board specifically? I am having the SAME issue and dont know how to fix it.