Bluetooth audio questions

Donut417

I have the Corsair void headset and Im getting sick of the wires and the right ear cushion keeps coming off. So Im thinking about going wireless.

I have pair of Senhisier HD4.40's, which I love. Though they have seen some wear and probably are due for replacement soon ish. My thoughts were I could go with a Bluetooth solution that I can share with my Macbook, PC, Phone and Steamdeck. Mostly it would be used with my Desktop and phone. Right now Id use the HD4.40's look for something in to the future. I do recall Windows reduces audio quality when the headset is used in headset mode vs headphone mode, whats everyone's thoughts on just using a standalone Mic on my PC for those instances when Im using it while gaming and talking to my friends on Discord?

Also my Motherboard has built in Bluetooth is a B450 board. Is there any benefit for me to upgrade to the new Bluetooth standard? Because I see many headphones now days support v5 or greater.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

The biggest issue with BT audio on Windows is the huge delay. I'd not use BT audio for gaming.

I used to use Bluetooth back during the Windows 7 days and never noticed any delay. That was with a cheap POS $6.99 Bluetooth adapter from Amazon. The only reason I stopped was because I had issues with the headset going from headphone mode to headset mode during the wrong times, which is why I was considering a standalone mic.

To be very clear, by gaming I mean 5 to 8 hours on Sunday with my friends. Baulders Gate 3, Killing Floor 2, Age of Wonders, WWZ, Grid Legends are some of the games we play. I dont do any competitive shooters anymore. I rarely play games outside of Sunday and If I do its Rim World or something of that nature.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.