Looking for a laptop to play starcraft 2 on ultra settings and other type of RTS games

Just looking for suggestions on the best laptop for a $2000 NZD range to play starcraft 2 on ultra settings and other RTS style games not planning on playing any AAA games if anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome it all goes over my head.

Cheers

On 2/11/2024 at 2:57 AM, Jimmy007 said:

Just looking for suggestions on the best laptop for a $2000 NZD range to play starcraft 2 on ultra settings and other RTS style games not planning on playing any AAA games if anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome it all goes over my head.

Cheers

I'm new to gaming PCs, but I recently bought a laptop that can run Starcraft 2 on ultra settings and is within your budget: an Asus ROG Zephyrus G16 (i7-13620H & RTX 4060). I really like it so far, and chose it with the help of this forum. And there's the G14 and G15 versions if you want a smaller screen.

Other gaming laptops in this price range I've seen recommended a lot are the Lenovo Legion 5 series.

I found this site, which seems to show that my GPU is way overkill for SC 2, even on ultra: https://technical.city/en/system-requirements/starcraft-2

And this site has benchmarks and rankings for laptop CPUs and GPUs: https://www.notebookcheck.net/

An RTX 3070 probably will be cheaper and just as good or better than the 4060. If you're just going to be playing SC 2 and other older RTSs, I'm sure you could get something even older/less powerful.

You can check out my request thread, to see the advice I got from someone who actually knows what they're talking about: