eGPU forcing bitlocker recovery on Framework laptop

Go to solution Solved by ImLuciano,
On 2/8/2024 at 8:52 PM, Likwid said:

Can you provide answear here? Otherwise this is no solution

You have to go in to bitlocker settings and disable bitlocker. I found the answer here: https://community.frame.work/t/bitlocker-with-egpu/23456
Basically bitlocker detects hardware changes for a more stable security, so everytime you have a hardware change you would need to enter a bitlocker keycode. Either you can wait until after you've logged in to plug in the egpu, or you can disable bitlocker.

I have an Intel Framework and I have been using an eGPU (Sonnet w/ 2080ti) for about a week now. I've only connected and turned on the laptop with the eGPU connected 3-4 times so far. However, twice I had to enter a Bitlocker Recovery key when turning on the laptop. Any idea whats going on or how to stop this? It'll be really annoying if this becomes regular. I know bitlocker is mostly for storage and affects if the storage is removed and re-added, but I haven't touched either the system's storage in the chassis or my storage usb c extension (the one that is an official framework accessory).

Well, I feel dumb. Searched framework's forum for "bitlocker" instead of "eGPU" and found the answer in a few seconds. Whoops

18 minutes ago, ImLuciano said:

Well, I feel dumb. Searched framework's forum for "bitlocker" instead of "eGPU" and found the answer in a few seconds. Whoops

On 2/8/2024 at 8:52 PM, Likwid said:

You have to go in to bitlocker settings and disable bitlocker. I found the answer here: https://community.frame.work/t/bitlocker-with-egpu/23456
Basically bitlocker detects hardware changes for a more stable security, so everytime you have a hardware change you would need to enter a bitlocker keycode. Either you can wait until after you've logged in to plug in the egpu, or you can disable bitlocker.