Trim on PNY Pro Elite V2 and SanDisk Extreme Pro "3.2" USB drives

Helix FR

Hi,

I need to know if those drives (PNY P-FD256PROV2-GE and Sandisk SDCZ880-128G-G46) have the trim feature (unmap via UASP I guess). I know that the Transcend ESD310C USB drive, the Kingston DataTraveler Max (A or C) USB drive, and the PNY Pro Elite V2 in its portable SSD version have it, but it seems it's not the case for the SanDisk Extreme Pro USB "3.1" for example which ends up having huge write speed drops because of that (I wonder if it has changed with the "3.2" version or if they are actually the same).

Could someone who has one of them please use the trimcheck application on it after formatting it to NTFS to see if this feature is available? Unless you have a better way to know that of course.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up buying the PNY Pro Elite V2 and confirm that trim is automatically working on NTFS. Same for the less expensive HP x911w that I also had the opportunity to test.

SanDisk confirmed me that their Extreme Pro still doesn't support trim though PNY ridiculously told me the same whereas it was wrong so it's probably not reliable.