Should i use ECO mode?

Mando772004

should i enable ECO mode on my FSP Hydro PTM 1200w psu? any advantages of doing so other than fan noise cuz when the fan works it isnt loud at all. can it negatively affect performance?

30 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

should i enable ECO mode on my FSP Hydro PTM 1200w psu? any advantages of doing so other than fan noise cuz when the fan works it isnt loud at all. can it negatively affect performance?

I think the switch only changes the fan curve. If the fan noise doesn't bother you, I'd say leave it off. 

Your PC is only going to draw as much power as it needs no matter what your power supply is capable of. Turning the fan off at idle would only save a couple watts.

What other parts do you have? If your power supply is oversized, your power efficiency at idle won't be great.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

If you want to? The ball bearing fan in my Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W is somewhat noticeable and with the hybrid switch on, I don't have to listen to it. YMMV. 

13 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

I think the switch only changes the fan curve. If the fan noise doesn't bother you, I'd say leave it off. 

Your PC is only going to draw as much power as it needs no matter what your power supply is capable of. Turning the fan off at idle would only save a couple watts.

What other parts do you have? If your power supply is oversized, your power efficiency at idle won't be great.

yeah you are right it kinda is oversized guess ill just keep it off