Weirdest RAM slots I have ever seen...

orangecat

So i opened a DELL Dimension 8300 and saw the weirdest RAM slots ever. There is a reason for them being like this because with the case closed the HDDs and optical drives would hit the ram but its just weird to see.

post-858-0-42400800-1400724350_thumb.jpg

post-858-0-05470200-1400724376_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty common to me. Well, I guess my opinion is null since I've worked in IT support.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Those are common in laptops. They are usually for fitting normal DRAM sticks in a small space.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Happens a ton in laptops... because..

Diamond 5 in League :)

PC Builder: "Why must Dell built shit like this!"

Dell: "Because fuck you."

I can't even get this system to boot XP install so right now ti has ubuntu 14 on it with 100% no 2d acceleration so its unusable.

Happens a ton in laptops... because..

Those are common in laptops. They are usually for fitting normal DRAM sticks in a small space.

Looks pretty common to me. Well, I guess my opinion is null since I've worked in IT support.

The press down ones are common in laptops, these aren't press down, they're just awkwardly angled.  Thing you need to remember is the Dimension 8300 is a desktop model, a really goofy one,

The press down ones are common in laptops, these aren't press down, they're just awkwardly angled.  Thing you need to remember is the Dimension 8300 is a desktop model, a really goofy one,

I'm quite aware. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

worked on those kind of stuff before specially on my dell studio hybrid. pretty normal for people who work in that kind of field.

Live your life like a dream.