how to zoom out in on the cut page in davinci resolve timeline?

i am using the latest 18.6 version. Is edit page the only option for me? i don't need all those advanced (just want to cut unnecessary parts) so i think it will be much that way.

You just want a basic zoom for a clip? In the cut page just clock on the tools for a clip, Then adjust the zoom.

Just a thought, but for basic editing, I find it much easier to just skip resolve. It's well, cumbersome. Especially if you don't use it much. For most things I prefer Openshot. If I'm just cutting out sections, Avidemux works too. Just a thought.

9 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You just want a basic zoom for a clip? In the cut page just clock on the tools for a clip, Then adjust the zoom.

i don't get it, where is the tool option?

Just now, OhioYJ said:

Just a thought, but for basic editing, I find it much easier to just skip resolve. It's well, cumbersome. Especially if you don't use it much. For most things I prefer Openshot. If I'm just cutting out sections, Avidemux works too. Just a thought.

i was using camtasia but it crashes on this laptop

37 minutes ago, avidgamer121 said:

i don't get it, where is the tool option?

image.thumb.png.51db42b848d2224de0319626e9b21d5c.png

To the right of the playback controls. Circled in the screenshot above.

9 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

image.thumb.png.51db42b848d2224de0319626e9b21d5c.png

To the right of the playback controls. Circled in the screenshot above.

not that thing, i mean when you add your clip at timeline and it doesn't show fit to timeline option like edit section, but i am really liking it though, i was to my high quality production videos for my youtube so i will learn from tutorials.

1 hour ago, avidgamer121 said:

not that thing, i mean when you add your clip at timeline and it doesn't show fit to timeline option like edit section, but i am really liking it though, i was to my high quality production videos for my youtube so i will learn from tutorials.

THere are scaling options in project settings for it it should zoom to crop or default scaling settings. 

I find my self moving between edit and cut modes a lot when editing, and thats probably the best strategy here.