450D airflow

Hello,

I have a question regarding the computer I'm soon going to build.

Specs:

Corsair 450D
Asrock Fatal1ty z87 Professional
Core i5 4670K
Corsair RM750
XFX AMD Radeon R9 280X
Corsair Vengeance Pro (2x8GB) DDR3 2400mhz CL11
Corsair H110
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
2x Western Digital Green 1TB

I'm struggling to figure out the best possible airflow setup.
These are the options:

Option1:
2x 140 front intake
h110 top pull intake
1x 120 rear exhaust

Option2:
2x 140 front intake
h110 top pull exhaust
1x 120 rear exhaust

The option 1 makes more sense to me
I will not compromise on noise, all fans will run at 7v speeds and the option 2 this way would be a negative pressure setup which would cause it to require cleaning too often for my liking.
For this same reason I'm not going to have a rear fan intake, it simply does not have a dust filter and it would most likely pick up the warm air coming from the psu and graphics card anyway because of the case position in the room.
However I'm worried the temperature inside the case would raise too much to allow the graphics card to keep quiet or cause it to overheat.

What do you think I should do?

P.S. I think this thread belongs here since we're talking of the case airflow design, also because I'm using both water and air cooling. But if you think it should be moved, please move it to the right section. I'm sorry if I put it in the wrong section.

Option 2 is better for airflow patterns. Um, I would get like 1866mhz ram with a lower CL like CL9 not 11

Wow, Would you look at that

Option 1 is good but I'd make some changes. Hot air rises so I prefer top exhaust on rads so you aren't pumping hot air from the rad into your case. If you have the money I'd say go with all Noctua's. They're ugly but also super quiet. 2 A14's front intake, I'd do a F12 rear exhaust and 2 F12's in pull exhaust out the top on a H100i or two A14's on the H110. The stock Corsair fans get quite loud.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

My opinion would be for option two. General rule of thumb is intake from the bottom front of your case to the top rear.

I'm sure I we see people that disagree with me but in option one you have 4x140mm pulling into your case and only one 120 exhausting. Also considering that the H110 will be blowing warmed air into your case and running into the front intakes, it doesn't seem very efficient to me.

I try to stick with the line of thinking to get the air into the case across the components and out as quickly and quietly as I can.

Option 2 is better for airflow patterns. Um, I would get like 1866mhz ram with a lower CL like CL9 not 11

Agreed, especially if this is going to be a gaming rig primarily. System memory needs to do many small operations quickly for gaming, so lower CL is important.

Anyway, 

, Linus mounts 2x 120 intake front fans, 2x 120 rad top intake and 1x exhaust rear.
So I assume it doesn't do much of a difference if the radiator is in intake, in fact I trust the source of the video, but I have doubts because everyone and their hamster on google don't think is a good idea.

I would get like 1866mhz ram with a lower CL like CL9 not 11

Thank you, I will consider finding lower latency ram modules.
I haven't found much information regarding ram latency performance in games, I liked 2400MHz because I'd use it a lot for video editing, 3d rendering...

It's unlikely to make much of a difference either way, tbh.

One thing you could do is try both and post here again with your results ;)

Hey baby, funny seeing you here.

Wow, Would you look at that

It's unlikely to make much of a difference either way, tbh.

One thing you could do is try both and post here again with your results ;)

Thank you for the reply.

I will try and post results but I don't know when it'll happen.

I'm still missing some pieces of the build and I'm out of money right now. I hate being a student.

I'm in a similar quandary, but since you are WC the CPU, there isn't really a need for a rear exhaust fan. Just do 2 140s pulling in, 2 140s pulling out on the h110, and the resistance of pulling air out through the h110 should give you a very slight positive pressure, as long as you are diligent about cleaning that front filter. Getting some fine mesh from a craft store and covering the rear vent as a DIY dust filter would prevent the largest dust ingress point, should you forget to diligently clean that front filter.