My Last Gaming Laptop

Plouffe

Could you do noise normalized or temperature normalized testing?

Maybe with the new Asus G14?

7 hours ago, YeshYyyK said:

Could you do noise normalized or temperature normalized testing?

Maybe with the new Asus G14?

I’d love to see the Framework 16 go up against the 2024 ASUS G14/16 when they come out, currently debating which I’m gonna spring for in a few months. I love Framework and their mission but I’m not convinced the first revision of the Framework 16 is worth it for me.

Edited by CjScout
Forgot to quote other post

2500$, that's a lot of cash to spend on such a machine that will be outdated (CPU/Battery/misc. components) way before the GPU needs to be upgraded. People will less money will buy another brand that offers the same specs for 1000-1500$ less, and companies will just buy new laptops when they have to 😕

It's nice to see "innovative" stuff like this for sure, but I just don't see who's gonna buy it (aside from tech guys that "care" about the environment and wanna change GPUs often). I really doubt it'll work for them financially, it's a niche in an already niche market..

3 hours ago, Tideroo said:

2500$, that's a lot of cash to spend on such a machine that will be outdated (CPU/Battery/misc. components) way before the GPU needs to be upgraded.

That's the thing, those components are also upgradeable. You can buy a new battery, new mainboard, new anything when they get outdated, or break.