need help with my optiplex 3040 sff blinking amber light

So basically orange light means A component failed but it cant even get far enough into the post sequence to identify what.

It's consitent blinking so id start with reseating ram and 1 stick at a time

27 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

so i have a 3040 SFF optiplex not sure on the cpu it has 2 4gig sticks of regular ddr3 i power it on the led blinks i have attached a video showing the issue psu tests fine so not sure the issue

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-us/optiplex-3040-sff/opti3040sff_om/diagnostic-power-led-codes?guid=guid-7d615d96-eb00-4be6-b8dc-191949e0f418&lang=en-us

according to this means a POST failure. Either CPU, GPU or RAM or PSU is poofed. So try on stick of RAM, if you can, reinstall any GPUs, maybe test the PSU and with another one if you got it and see if it works.

when did it stop working? or was it like this when you got it? When was the last time it was working order?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

@SImoHayha was like this when i got it psu is fine as it has a built in self test button with a self test led in the back i tried one stick of ram and im using the onboard igpu of the cpu only think i havent tried is reseating the cpu