EVGA Z97 Classified - Who's this board for?

Tek Syndicate uploaded a video overview of the EVGA Z97 Classified, and I'm interested to know what you guys think of this board.

Is there anyone here planning to buy the EVGA Z97 Classified mobo? In my opinion is currently the best looking board for the z97 series. But the price is what set me off, at $379.99 I don't know if it is worth it. I know there must be someone who may buy this board and take full advantage of the features, but who is this board for? What do you think of this board compared to other brand mobos at the same price range?

Are you planning to buy it? give me a reason why the price tag is right.

152-HR-E979-KR_MD_1.jpg

EVGA Z97 Classified Official Page

It is made for the same people who buy ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA/ EXTREME or MSI MPOWER MAX or G1 SNIPER! :D

Anyone who's willing to throw that much money at them.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Some of the feature compromises had me scratching my head a bit tbh. But at the end of the day if this board appeals to someone looking for these features and not thunderbolt/sataxpress etc then they can buy it knowing the board is built super solidly.

Edit: Not to mention the amount of right angle connectors is awesome. No more wires poking out all over the place.

It is made for the same people who buy ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA/ EXTREME or MSI MPOWER MAX or G1 SNIPER! :D

Hey, at least the Z97 MSI MPower Max cost $259.99 lol

I want to downgrade to a 4790k when it's released, a lot of things I do are single threaded, so it'd benefit me quite a bit.  Plus I don't come anywhere near actually utilizing my CPU+Ram

Maybe I'll get one of these, but I think I like the normal M power more, it's 199$ and has basically what I need.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think it's more a case of if you have to ask 'Why should I buy this?' you shouldn't buy it

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

The board is sexy as hell! I do think $380 is a bit steep, though. If it was $260 to $280 I would be way more likely to buy it

Looking at the price, it's for people with lots of money to blow. Possibly for the EVGA fanboy as well, or someone concerned about aesthetics enough that they're willing to drop almost half a grand on a non-server board.

Trust me when I say I've never heard of anyone compliment EVGA on their superb quality over other high-end motherboards. It's no different, aside from maybe PCB layers (I have never checked this board-to-board) and their supposedly high gold content, which sounds more like a reason to charge so much more than something that is actually worth $100-200 over the competition. This, to me, has been the case with almost every EVGA motherboard anyway.

Just my two cents.

EVGA boards are for people who have hours each day to spend in a daze admiring their boards through their acrylic windows. EVGA boards are for people who dont read spec sheets and say "Oh look, that all-black board looks nice, I'll buy it, I've got plenty of $$moola$$"

Don't get me wrong, I love EVGA's cards. But especially their Stinger mITX boards have got me scratching my head when I see that it's more expensive than all the others and doesn't even have Sata Express or a fricking wifi card (not even a lowly 802.11n).

The lack of PS/2, usb 3.0 and aux 6pin positioning really kill this board for me. All i want is the ballingest overclocking board. I think the one i will be going for is the x79 SOC force by gigabyte for when the unlocked pentiums come out

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

The lack of PS/2, usb 3.0 and aux 6pin positioning really kill this board for me. All i want is the ballingest overclocking board. I think the one i will be going for is the x79 SOC force by gigabyte for when the unlocked pentiums come out

I highly doubt that the Pentium Anniversary will be a LGA2011 part. What would they do with all the extra die area?

There are plenty of good LGA1150 OC boards like the MPower and Z97 OC force

I highly doubt that the Pentium Anniversary will be a LGA2011 part. What would they do with all the extra die area?

There are plenty of good LGA1150 OC boards like the MPower and Z97 OC force

sorry, why did i say x79, i mean z97

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Aren't ROG boards packed with more features and cost less than this?

For that kind of quid, I'd get an Intel-E chipset board.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Aren't ROG boards packed with more features and cost less than this?

For that kind of quid, I'd get an Intel-E chipset board.

ASUS has not yet released an EATX ROG board for the Z97 chipset, so it's impossible to compare prices. The Z97 Classified is strictly for people who want to run Quad SLI/Crossfire, which is something the Z97 MSI MPower Max and the ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO are both incapable of doing. Neither one of which could even do quad crossfire using two 295X2's because neither one can run dual x16 lanes either.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

This board should be compared against the flagships from other brands - MSI z97 XPower, Asus Maximus 7 Extreme, Gigabyte z97 SOC Force etc. Thing with Asus is that their gaming and overclocking series are the same and so you end up with two sets of customers who have them. This board is pretty much for overclocker hence the lack of wifi, SATA-E etc which would just hurt benchmark scores.