Question regarding RTX A4500 in a hyper-v host and attached via dda to an VM (limitations)?

Hello community, 

I´m new here and hope anyone can help me with my issue. 

We have replaced our old remote work lab with a new setup. Before we moved to the new system, we had a hyper-v vm with DDA running on Windows Server 2019 with: 

32 Core AMD Epyc

192GB RAM 

2x 1TB NVMe (Pcie3)

1x Nvidia Quadro P6000 and 1x Nvidia Quadro P4000 (PCIe3)

Now we have built a new setup 

32 Core AMD Epyc

192GB RAM 

2x 2TB NVMe (Pcie4)

2x Nvidia RTX A4500 (PCIe4)

Windows Server 2022 Host and VM 

After setting up the new instance we have go for the first 2 months with the old GPU setup and everythink working fine. Currently we have 32 active users and no issues. We have taken the decision to speed up the GPU performance by replacing the old GPU with 2x Nvidia RTX A4500. After that the issue a starting, currently with active GPU

groupe policy (same settings as before): 

1. Set physical graphics adapter to use for all RDP sessions = ON
  2. Use WDDM graphics display driver for Remote Desktop Connections = ON 

We can only login with 16 users (8 for each card) when I remove 1x GPU only 8 users are able to login. When I replace 1x RTX A4500 with and less powerfull M4000 22 users can log in. I have try everythink, but with the new GPUs I can not get more users logged in to the server. Is there any possible limitation inside the frmware oder pcie lanes or any other possibility? I have also contacted already Windows, Nvidia and PNY, but anser until yet. 

I hope anyone can give me an idea whats happinging here.

Thank you very much! 

Welcome to the forums!
How are clients logging in? Just RDP via MSTSC?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

4 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Welcome to the forums!
How are clients logging in? Just RDP via MSTSC?

Thanks 🙂

Only with RDP

I'm not super familiar with hyper-v configuration, but is it possible there is a config item on each GPU that's limiting you? Is there some error that pops up when an additional person tries to log in?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Limiting config is not existing otherwise the m4000 or p6000 etc. Will also not work. The config is allways the same and only the a4500 made the Problems. In der log files I can see that dwm.exe is crashing.