Problems with write protection and ownership

DadMode

I woke up a few days ago after mistakenly leaving my pc on over night. The pc had, I assume, tried to do a Windows update and got hung. When I got to it, the screen was black and pc was unresponsive. After tring to get the system to respond, I went ahead and turned it off and back on understanding that this could mess up the os. However, when I went into the bios after, it was no longer recognized as a bookable device, so I couldn't do a system repair, restore, or any use of the other Windows tools to repair the disk. 

All that to say, when I tried to move, edit, or anything else to the files on that drive, an error pops up saying the drive is write protected and I can't take ownership of the files due to this so I can't move and edit them. I've tried several avenues to take ownership of the file in the security settings and in the CMF takeown cmd. Running out of ideas and wanting to know if you all have and advice. The only thing I really want off the drive is the Minecraft world my daughter and I play on. So any help is appreciated. 

TLDR: OS got corrupted, can't access the folder the holds my daughter and I Minecraft world to move it to a new OS due to ownership and write protection issues.

Side note, I did try to remove write protection using diskpart in cmd prompt. Can't remove it because I lack the proper permissions. 

Sounds like a failing drive to me, these things can happen, sometimes the drive fails and Windows doesn't know how to interpret the failure so it will show weird stuff like that when it can't access the data. If you are plugging the drive into a separate machine to try to access the data and it's giving you these errors in Windows, I'd try it in a portable/technical OS such as Winpe or something Linux based such as Ubuntu. Typically you can access data that has permissions issues in either of those portables. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

I'd try to boot via another drive and try to save all the readable data on it.

Or connect this drive to another computer and do the same.

Maybe the read data will provide the Minecraft world

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

Yeah looks like a typical drive failure, boot on another drive as @leclod advised, see what you can manage to save and buy a new drive to reinstall windows 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Thanks for the help. I'll do that. I'm currently trying to remove the write protection in reg, we will see how this goes. I figure, if this drive is done, can't hurt it too much more lol. I'm on a Windows OS that I don't care much about so not too worried if I mess it up too bad.