One sided hearing from any headset I plug in

Hello,

An interesting problem has popped up where when I plug in a headset to my computer one side stops working. First it was with my Razer headset 3 years ago which i thought just broke with an internal problem with the headset itself. After that, for 3 years I didn't use any wired headsets.

Today I tried my little brothers HyperX headset, which at first worked fine, both sides working and all that. But when I plugged them back in about 2 hours later, one side stopped working once again. And now even when I plug them into my brothers PC, they're one sided there too.

Here is a list of methods I've tried

-

(Check the headphone connection:
Ensure that the headphone plug is fully inserted into the audio jack on your laptop. Sometimes, a partial connection can result in sound only playing in one ear. Try gently adjusting or reinserting the plug to ensure a secure connection.

Test with different headphones:
If possible, try using a different pair of wired headphones with your laptop. This will help determine if the issue lies with the headphones or the laptop's audio jack.

Update audio drivers:
Outdated or incompatible audio drivers can cause sound issues. Visit the manufacturer's website of your laptop and search for the latest audio drivers for your specific model. Download and install the drivers, then restart your laptop and test the headphones again.

Adjust audio settings:
Go to the sound settings on your laptop and check if there are any balance or mono/stereo settings that may be affecting the audio output. Ensure that the balance is centered and that stereo sound is enabled.

Try a different audio jack:
If your laptop has multiple audio jacks, try plugging the headphones into a different jack to see if the issue persists. This will help determine if the problem is specific to one audio jack.

Test on another device:
If possible, try using your wired headphones on another device, such as a smartphone or another laptop, to see if they work correctly. This will help confirm if the issue is with the headphones or the laptop.