Can i have a mic and heeadphones connected to the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen?

GhostzzU
Go to solution Solved by ImWilly,
10 minutes ago, GhostzzU said:

hello, i recently ordered the beyerdnamic DT 990 pro  250ohm, and i know for those headphones i need a audio interface and i decided on the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen, but i also have a Fifine k688, and was wondering if i could connect both to the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen or would i have to get a 2nd one for my microphone?

i know this might be a simple question but i dont know to much about audio.

Yes you can

In most cases, the headphone plug on the sound interface is used for direct monitoring of the microphone, but it can also be used for playback of whatever sound you're playing on the computer

Just make sure that the output setting on the PC is set to Focusrite Scarlett so that it will have output to the sound interface

hello, i recently ordered the beyerdnamic DT 990 pro  250ohm, and i know for those headphones i need a audio interface and i decided on the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen, but i also have a Fifine k688, and was wondering if i could connect both to the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen or would i have to get a 2nd one for my microphone?

10 minutes ago, GhostzzU said:

Yes you can

In most cases, the headphone plug on the sound interface is used for direct monitoring of the microphone, but it can also be used for playback of whatever sound you're playing on the computer

Just make sure that the output setting on the PC is set to Focusrite Scarlett so that it will have output to the sound interface

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

4 hours ago, ImWilly said:

Yes you can

thanks