110v and 220v psu

Sagovia

I have a pc that runs 220v. I am planning to go to Japan and bring my PC with me but I found out that Japan is only 110v. I was thinking if it was best to switch my psu that supports 110v. But I want anyone's help or opinion about this. Thank you!

Check the label on the power supply. It will tell you the AC voltage range the power supply can be used with. If the power supply supports 100-240v you do not need to change it, you'll just have to replace the power cord with one with a Japanese plug.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

49 minutes ago, Sagovia said:

I have a pc that runs 220v. I am planning to go to Japan and bring my PC with me but I found out that Japan is only 110v. I was thinking if it was best to switch my psu that supports 110v. But I want anyone's help or opinion about this. Thank you!

What PSU do you have? Also, how long are you going for? Are you moving there or spending quite a while there?

If the power supply has a voltage range from 110-220V, it's fine just the way it is. No need to replace it. Like mentioned above, you'll need to replace the cord with one that's compatible with Japanese outlets.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

48 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

What PSU do you have? Also, how long are you going for? Are you moving there or spending quite a while there?

I only have a generic psu and it's 220v only. I plan to stay in Japan for more than 2 years

13 minutes ago, Sagovia said:

I only have a generic psu and it's 220v only. I plan to stay in Japan for more than 2 years

You should switch your PSU because it will not work correctly at an unrated voltage. It would be a smart idea to make sure you get one with PFC that supports both voltages in case you go somewhere with 220v again.

Please refresh before you reply because I edit my posts. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not responsible for any damages or losses caused by the content I share.

_________________________________________________________________________________

40 minutes ago, HeliusMagnum said:

You should switch your PSU because it will not work correctly at an unrated voltage. It would be a smart idea to make sure you get one with PFC that supports both voltages in case you go somewhere with 220v again.

Could you give me a suggestion of what kind I should get? 

1 hour ago, Sagovia said:

Could you give me a suggestion of what kind I should get? 

What's you wattage target and price range.

Please refresh before you reply because I edit my posts. 

I'm not responsible for any damages or losses caused by the content I share.

3 hours ago, HeliusMagnum said:

What's you wattage target and price range.

800W is what I have right now and as for the price, keep it friendly?

15 minutes ago, Sagovia said:

800W is what I have right now and as for the price, keep it friendly?

If it doesn't do 100-240v, it must be pretty low end? What are the specs of your system? And do you plan on upgrading any components in the not too distant future?