DIY the fastest handheld for too much money

DIY the fastest handheld for too much money

warning: this is stupid, but if you want the fast handheld pc, this is an option. Also need to be very tech-savvy. (or very stupid (or both)) to actually do this.

Question? What is faster than a ROG Ally but smaller than an itx pc?

It's the motherboard of an alienware x17 12900hk 

(very important that it's that CPU(unless you know how to undervolt a 12700h(I don’t))).

The reason for the choice is that it is too my knowledge. The smallest, most compact, motherboard that is available with a CPU that can be undervolted.

The steps are quite simple really.

1: Acquire alienware x17 with 12900hk. For somewhat high resolution photos of the motherboard, I suggest the pictures from this seller on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/166369177351?epid=20059595121&hash=item26bc602f07:g:Xb0AAOSwjOllK8Tu&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0DuhiKAcX%2BQi8kj%2Bp2xSRBPLDRlrlPrIAX4CD%2BCNE9y55Mi66%2Bw%2FUGuati20mFkwWOdjK2SzJV%2BPmd%2F%2BQhj2u9lYQLoqFNR9pZVJpvG5AzQomZQqOFcPvGHXNJdzQnxrKTLW6m5330xPj1NaAABMF4W6DetNfPgokUWmXHYM54w%2FDxL8h8VncdjZxUMbC2efUUUzIvMPlc%2BJfnl0qY5Tx66oCUxks5mjwQtFy90RMK8RBYnjMzeTnB5faI7RTe%2BN6XtWT2Oqfm2MaeOFierC5Pw%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_LnvLabYw

2: Undervolt the shit out of it. So it draws as little power as possible

3: Figure out cooling, and battery.

4: now for the controls, some laptops complain if the keyboard is not plugged in to the motherboard, I don't know if that is the case here. If so, I suggest going with the clamshell style. Small keyboard on the bottom, with flip-up screen on top, and half of a sawed off controller on each side.

5 hopefully while reading this you have already been thinking of a design for this amalgamation to go in, if not you should probably get on that now.

After figuring all that out, you should hopefully have a working handheld pc that still is guzzling power too hot is heavy and quite big. But faster than anything else on the market. 

Good luck

an idiot.

Disclaimers: 

This is stupid and perhaps impossible.

This was written by someone that does not know enough about this kind of things to actually be writing this.

And lastly I am dyslectic and English is not my first language so grammatical errors are inevitable.

Edited by SansVarnic
corrected

Your post is almost unreadable for those using the forum dark mode.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Luckily. I dont see anything worth doing.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Luckily. I dont see anything worth doing.

Screenshot_20240105-220922.thumb.png.6b0cfb0231440b24507b2983ad164089.png

You do know that on battery this thing has like worse performance than a steam deck right?

Like its not at all power optimized 😛

6 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Yall in dark mode?

Buncha weirdos 😛

Why not praise the sun!

-= Font corrected =-

Please post in a clear way.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER