All devices but Pi-hole/Plex server have internet connection

Every single device on my home network has an internet connection & Pi-hole's ad-blocking is working, but the server does not have a connection to the internet. I made sure that I set up Pi-hole correctly on the server & router by reinstalling. The server says that it does, but anytime I try to go to a webpage or run a speedtest Firefox says 'Hmm... we're having trouble finding that page.' Does anybody know what's up with my server?

My router is a Calix GigaCenter and my server is running Ubuntu 22.04

All help is appreciated 🙂

I probably forgot about this comment so quote me if you need a response.

Pi-hole is running from this server? It's this machine set with correct gateway and DNS in the IP configuration? 

Maybe try changing the server nic DNS to the Google DNS server and see if it works then. 

Main Computer: CPU - Ryzen 5 5900x Cooler - NZXT Kraken x53  RAM - 32GB Corsairsrair Vengeance Pro GPU - Zotac RTX 3070 Case - Lian Li LanCool II RGB (White) Storage - 1TB Inland Premium M.2 SSD and 2x WD 2TB Black.

Backup Computer: CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x Cooler - CoolerMaster ML240 V2 RAM - 32GB G.Skill RipJaws GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE Case - Cougar QBX Storage - 500GB WD Black M.2 SSD 

23 minutes ago, TargetDron3 said:

Pi-hole is running from this server? It's this machine set with correct gateway and DNS in the IP configuration? 

Maybe try changing the server nic DNS to the Google DNS server and see if it works then. 

It is set up correctly. I did try changing the DNS to Google's but that didn't work unfortunately.

Could you provide further information about, for example, specs of the server, ping functionality to the server, configurations on it or system log? There seems to have nothing to do on the router, and the problem may be contributed by inappropriate configurations, missing proper drivers, or bad cables, among others.🤔

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Bersella AI said:

Could you provide further information about, for example, specs of the server, ping functionality to the server, configurations on it or system log? There seems to have nothing to do on the router, and the problem may be contributed by inappropriate configurations, missing proper drivers, or bad cables, among others.🤔

Ik this is gonna sound crazy since this thing is so old, but here are the specs:            (FYI this is a Gateway SX2800 prebuilt)

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200

GPU - Intel GMA X4500

RAM - 4GB DDR3

HDD - 1TB Samsung Spinpoint

OS - Linux Ubuntu 22.04

My own PC (Windows 11 Pro) is able to ping to the Gateway and the Gateway to my PC, but the Gateway can't ping Google's DNS server. Ubuntu says 'Network is unreachable' whenever I try to ping Google on it.

The /etc/resolv.conf file says:

nameserver [Gateway server IPv4 address]

nameserver 1.1.1.1

nameserver [Gateway server IPv6 address]

# Too many DNS servers configured, the following entries may be ignored.

nameserver 2001:4860:4860::8888

search.

This is how I have my Ethernet connection set up. I did try plugging in a Wifi dongle but I still couldn't download packages or visit any websites. Pi-hole was still working though.

Edited by tddk25

10 hours ago, tddk25 said:

Ik this is gonna sound crazy since this thing is so old, but here are the specs:            (FYI this is a Gateway SX2800 prebuilt)

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200

GPU - Intel GMA X4500

RAM - 4GB DDR3

HDD - 1TB Samsung Spinpoint

OS - Linux Ubuntu 22.04

My own PC (Windows 11 Pro) is able to ping to the Gateway and the Gateway to my PC, but the Gateway can't ping Google's DNS server. Ubuntu says 'Network is unreachable' whenever I try to ping Google on it.

The /etc/resolv.conf file says:

nameserver [Gateway server IPv4 address]

nameserver 1.1.1.1

nameserver [Gateway server IPv6 address]

# Too many DNS servers configured, the following entries may be ignored.

nameserver 2001:4860:4860::8888

search.

This is how I have my Ethernet connection set up. I did try plugging in a Wifi dongle but I still couldn't download packages or visit any websites. Pi-hole was still working though.

These information are, unfortunately, still insufficient. Configuring resolv.conf does not necessarily mean the system would have Ethernet access. Check out the IP address & interfaces by executing ip address, then share your findings. The Network Configuration page in Arch Wiki can also be referred to for further instructions.

On 1/5/2024 at 10:52 PM, Bersella AI said:

These information are, unfortunately, still insufficient. Configuring resolv.conf does not necessarily mean the system would have Ethernet access. Check out the IP address & interfaces by executing ip address, then share your findings. The Network Configuration page in Arch Wiki can also be referred to for further instructions.

Sorry for the extremely late reply. I figured DNS settings were probably broken beyond repair so I did a clean install, which fixed it and it still worked after I configured my network settings to what they were before. I later found out that the HDD was failing, so I just got a new 512gb SSD.