So they lied? (Wolfenstein)

Imabigmac

Looks like Wolfenstein: The New Order, really doesn't need a i7 or a 8350 to be played the way it's meant to be played at 60fps.

To clarify, from what I have read the game is capped at 60fps. benchmarks I will Edit this and put them in.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

EDIT: I removed the gpu benchmarks, they are too sketchy and really didn't make a difference to this post as it was intended to prove the cpu recommendation of a i7 or 8350 as BS.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Why do they not turn off vSync for these benchmarks? 

Ohhhhh benchmarks that have V-sync on... It's just a question of how many different configurations will be pinned to 60..

Seriously... These are almost less relevant than Quad GPU benchmarks with a single 1080p monitor..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

so a 770 is worse than a 270? :P

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Ohhhhh benchmarks that have V-sync on... It's just a question of how many different configurations will be pinned to 60..

From what I have read the game is capped at 60 regardless.....

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

The game is locked at 60 FPS even with Vsync Off

Because it really doesn't matter how much higher it goes

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Bf4 is like that

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

when they all cap at 60fps the way to separate is by lowest frame rate and of course random dips are counted so it was probably just a random dip and then ignored and not re tested, because after all these are really fresh. 

Spoiler

Yes it does. It would make the minimum FPS higher.

Besides, who actually plays a game with VSync other than games like Civ 5 or Banished? 

Besides, who actually plays a game with VSync other than games like Civ 5 or Banished? 

Well in that respect, yes it does.

I run vsync on every game aside from BF4 and ARMA 3

Well in that respect, yes it does.

I run vsync on every game aside from BF4 and ARMA 3

Really? Do you just not care? 

In almost every game I play I leave VSync off. Except for stuff like Civ 5 where FPS isn't a huge factor, and the FPS doesn't actually have dips :P 

In almost every game I play I leave VSync off. Except for stuff like Civ 5 where FPS isn't a huge factor, and the FPS doesn't actually have dips :P

Well I'm running every game on ultra 1600x900 so 60fps is easy. I hate screen tearing so enable vsync

From what I have read the game is capped at 60 regardless.....

Then it should be benchmarked at a resolution that actually shows a difference between hardware? I understand that not every reviewer is going to spend tons of money on 4K displays, but there should be a difference between a 295X2 and a 270X, right?

No, but having V-sync off for the benchmarks would show performance differences between GPUs, which would allow consumers to make an educated guess about which card would perform better for their personal needs.. 

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

It probably says this but what preset is the game running (ultra,high,med). The game recommended a medium for my 7870.

Edit- I found the website and it found that they are on max settings.

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Of course they lied.

It's the new thing to post bulls$% system requirements and stuff a ton of locked DLC into games because most people believe it no matter what people say

make the download huge and people automatically think..."Ohhhh it must be good"

Your argument is invalid

Do you even know what Vsync does?

This benchmark is complete crap.
HD7850 beating a GTX690 yeah for sure...

RTX2070OC 

I run vsync on everything

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Your argument is invalid

Do you even know what Vsync does?

Yes, it limits the frame rates to whatever the refresh rate of your monitor is. But, that also means if the FPS dips AT ALL you will notice it. However if you have Vsync disabled and your FPS drops from say 100 to 80, you won't notice it. 

My argument is valid. 

Yes, it limits the frame rates to whatever the refresh rate of your monitor is. But, that also means if the FPS dips AT ALL you will notice it. However if you have Vsync disabled and your FPS drops from say 100 to 80, you won't notice it. 

My argument is valid. 

Vsync isnt just a frame rate limiter. So your argument IS invalid

Vsync isnt just a frame rate limiter. So your argument IS invalid

wat

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

@Lays @TheDoubleYGamer

What Vsync REALLY does is prevents the video card from changing the display memory until the monitor is done with its current refresh cycle. It renders the video on the fly to the monitors refresh rate, hence; mouse input lag. Not a frame rate limiter, your monitor is the frame rate limiter

Looks like Wolfenstein: The New Order, really doesn't need a i7 or a 8350 to be played the way it's meant to be played at 60fps.

To clarify, from what I have read the game is capped at 60fps. benchmarks I will Edit this and put them in.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

EDIT: I removed the gpu benchmarks, they are too sketchy and really didn't make a difference to this post as it was intended to prove the cpu recommendation of a i7 or 8350 as BS.

This benchmark is complete crap.

HD7850 beating a GTX690 yeah for sure...

690 is an SLI issue (dual card). This guy had same issue.

http://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/wolfenstein-the-new-order-pc-performance-analysis/

^ The game will run on a freakin OC Q Quad. Every time I see a 4770k/8350 recommended for these console ports from the devs, I can only imagine this is there theme song. Console promotion BS, which is even more laughable since 2 cores are locked on the next gen consoles to the game developers. The games are running on 6 crappy cores not 8.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.