Gaming/Workstation Dream maschine

On New Year I philosophered drunk with friends about the perfect Hybrid machine

Is it possible to have a Hybrid Pc that can render something like blender and at the same time Game 4K ?

We think about a 14900K, a 7900XTX and a 4090 in one rig on a moba with 2x pcie 5.0 16x (physical)

Both are set to pcie 4.0, the 4090 + the P-cores render, while the 7900XTX games with the E-cores.

Can that be a thing ?

Sure you can do that. 

I'd probably go dual 4090s here. Then if you want to render at higher speeds you can with the second GPU.

I'd probably game off the P cores, and if your doing GPU rendering the CPU is doing very little so there would be almost no benfit to manually assigning cores.

Yes sure its possible but will be clunky.

Like you just get 2 gpu's for blender like a 3060 12gb and then whatever else for yhe game for example and just tell blender to render only with the 3060.

And thr cpu wont be used  ecause well gpu rendering is WAAAY faster.

As for cpu splitting you can assign some cores but blender or basically any software wont know what a p or e core is. Windows schedules them but its a bit wonky sometimes.

Fyi I don't really recommend doing this because there will ALWAYS be overlap, program using the gpu it's connected to even if not supposed to, cpu being use too much so games run kinda crud,...

If ya gonna render a simple rendering rig is recommended if it's a big deal.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Fyi I don't really recommend doing this because there will ALWAYS be overlap, program using the gpu it's connected to even if not supposed to, cpu being use too much so games run kinda crud,...

If ya gonna render a simple rendering rig is recommended if it's a big deal.

ye we wont build something like that anytime soon ^^

the drunk rambling only starts as i mentioned that i use a second low tier GPU for render, cuda, Nvenc.....