2 Weeks in England, Mobile Phone tariffs

So hi guys

Is this the right section for this or does it go into the 'General Tech Talk' section?

In summer I'm going to Bournemouth (South-coast of GB) for a language course for 2 weeks. I currently live in Switzerland though.

So the problem as you might imagine is my mobile phone.

What are the best options? I need ~100 MB Internet access and the ability to call and text.

Buying a prepaid card (can this be done 'remotley'?) or looking into what my provider offers?

I should mention that I probably have WiFi access, but just for looking something up or getting a Maps location when I'm lost

Any experience with these things?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Sincerely, Marius

btw I use arch

You might wanna title the post differently then lol.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

You might wanna title the post differently then lol.

Yup I only just realized that this doesn't make any sense ^^ 

Whereabouts would I do this then? I'm too blind to find it it seems :/

btw I use arch

Yup I only just realized that this doesn't make any sense ^^ 

Whereabouts would I do this then? I'm too blind to find it it seems :/

Edit your post and use the Full Editor.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Edit your post and use the Full Editor.

Thanks. I didn't see that there O.o

btw I use arch

Your choices of networks over here are O2, EE (=orange/T-Mobile), 3, Vodafone and then some rebrands like tesco (a supermarket), virgin etc. Look on their sites for some deals, and I'm having a look now. I will update this if I find anything for you.

EDIT: Found this: http://www.donaldstrachan.com/2013/07/prepaid-data-plans-and-sims-for-travel-to-the-uk/

Edited by colonel_mortis

HTTP/2 203

So hi guys

Is this the right section for this or does it go into the 'General Tech Talk' section?

In summer I'm going to Bournemouth (South-coast of GB) for a language course for 2 weeks. I currently live in Switzerland though.

So the problem as you might imagine is my mobile phone.

What are the best options? I need ~100 MB Internet access and the ability to call and text.

Buying a prepaid card (can this be done 'remotley'?) or looking into what my provider offers?

I should mention that I probably have WiFi access, but just for looking something up or getting a Maps location when I'm lost

Any experience with these things?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Sincerely, Marius

Your best options for those kind of needs would probably be O2 or EE - with Both, you have tariffs that will accomodate for internet usage, text etc. - We have 4G, but I'll warn you that the prices are ridiculously high right now...On the plus side, wi-fi hotspots shouldn't be a problem.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13.