Most USB Ports Stop Responding Briefly After Waking From Sleep

JohnSmith2

I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G3 and for some reason after I wake it from sleep, the mouse briefly stops responding for about 2 to 5 seconds at a random time between 1 and 3 seconds after waking from sleep; but it responds as normal outside of that time frame. This is true for all of the USB ports on the HP elitedesk except for one of the front ones; the one on the front that does not have this issue allows the mouse to keep responding immediately after waking. Why might this be happening?

The USB Selective Suspend Setting in the power plan is set to disabled. I have tested every single port with multiple mice. This does not happen upon booting or restarting; it only happens when waking from sleep, but it does happen consistently.

I should note this was a used elitedesk I bought on Ebay, and there were a bunch of bent pins in the CPU socket; I bent the pins back and place and everything else on the system works great, so it seems unlikely to be related to the bent pins considering everything else works flawlessly. The CPU is a Pentium G4560T.

more than likely the usb controller driver just takes 2-5 seconds to respond after waking from sleep mode. dont know know that you can really fix that short of just installing a different usb controller like a pci-e usb card or somthing

maybe the os you have installed doesn't work well with the driver the usb controller has and works better with a different os