rgb fans help.

aren332

I don't have an ARGB connector or any rgb connector on my dell motherboard. Are there any fans that can simply connect to a standard 4 pin pwm fan connector (not rgb connector) and then have changeable colors with a remote or something? If not, is there any other solution to having rgb controllable fans on my dell motherboard? Also changing colors is enough control for me

There is a quite a selection of RGB fans that are powered directly from the PSU and controlled by a remote. However these options are becoming more limited. Especially as many people opt for aftermarket controllers, and most motherboards come with ARGB / RGB controllers these days (not a huge market of people adding this stuff to prebuilts). Also note this will generally limit you to "lesser" known brands. I'm not sure of any of the "big names" that make kits like this anymore.

Apevia FB4-RGB <-- Here is a random Amazon Example that might help in your search. This might give you an idea of what to look for. Also note these fans just plug directly into the controller, and not the motherboard at all. So the fan speed can't be changed.

I've seen some kits that just use a controller only for the RGB, and plug the fans into the motherboard, but I didn't find any right away. This would might be the better route if you want to control the fan speed. If these still exist.