Would a GPU upgrade make a difference editing in Wondershare Uniconverter

My father's job involves restoring old media to digital formats. This requires some editing as the hardware he uses re-records the original format with all its errors including poor color grading, out-of-sync frame pacing, track skipping, and upscaling to 4k. He spends most of his work time in Wondershare Uniconverter and he's been lamenting how after the cropping and color grading that takes only a few minutes, the 4k upscaling takes more than an hour for each video. Moreover, working on more than 3 projects simultaneously will dramatically slow down the entire process.  But as there are sometimes over 100 individual videos and multiple days' worth of footage to record and edit, would a simple GPU upgrade be worth the investment? Right now he's using an rx6600 and a Ryzen 5600g. I'm not sure if it's a CPU limitation or a GPU limitation, but I have a hunch that it's the 8GB Vram that limits him on how many videos he can load at the same time.

Looks like Wondershare uses GPU hardware, so a faster GPU should help

Also as you have an APU and a GPU you may check which one the app uses, as even a 6600 is way faster than the 5600G APU

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Looks like Wondershare uses GPU hardware, so a faster GPU should help

Also as you have an APU and a GPU you may check which one the app uses, as even a 6600 is way faster than the 5600G APU

Sure, I guess what im asking is how much faster would an rx7800 or 4070 be than what he has already? Time is money ya know?

11 minutes ago, E2C2 said:

Sure, I guess what im asking is how much faster would an rx7800 or 4070 be than what he has already? Time is money ya know?

I'd look at task manager on the current system to see whats parts of the system is being used.

What upscaler is being used? If your using a basic upscale, I don't see the point of turing it into 4k, just keep the lower original resolution, and save some time.

Might want to also look into ffmpeg. Should be able to do most of the same, and its much easier to script it to do a whole folder of videos.