Remote Desktop Stuck on Securing Connection

Hi All,
Me and my friend run a remote game server and for the past week have been unable to access it due to both version of Microsoft remote desktop getting stuck on these securing/configuring screens for up to two mintues before showing a black screen and ultimately disconnecting. I've searched around and all the error code brings uup is an unknown reason for disconnection.

We knew it wasn't really very stable to being with and id intend to install TeamViewer and acces the server machine remotely that way, however, this isn't possible anymore due to the fact that our current means of access has been effectively wiped out.

If anyone has any sugegstions fo things that we could try to try and fix this before either of us have the chance to be on site with the machine, I would be most appreciative.

If it comes down to a fresh install of Server 2016 and the addition of Team Viewer, just reply with that and I'll mark as resolved.

TIA

image.png.33f419c5a9827d292d38704b3fd97438.pngimage.png.ebfca81a2b5e8a7f85df1fb3d1ecb631.png