Sticking fan hub with neodymium magnet

Goldman
Hey guys, i've got a sata fan hub that i'm using to connect all my fans, but it has no way to stick to the case. I got neodymium magnets that i wanted to stick to the back of the hub and that way attach it to the case, but i'm kinda afraid the magnets might be too strong and damage some components in some way.
Is this possible?

Why not just use double-sided tape?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

how far is this fan hub from the other stuff? if you'd stick magnets to the back of a fan that'll probaly interfere with the motor, but i dont really see any issues, other than the question at hand: why even have the magnets?

just use some double sided tape, zip ties, wedge it between some cables, or just about any other solution.

15 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Why not just use double-sided tape?

12 minutes ago, manikyath said:

how far is this fan hub from the other stuff? if you'd stick magnets to the back of a fan that'll probaly interfere with the motor, but i dont really see any issues, other than the question at hand: why even have the magnets?

just use some double sided tape, zip ties, wedge it between some cables, or just about any other solution.

already got the magnets, and they are easy to use =P
i've seen other things use magnets in pcs (like rgb strips and even some fans) but i'm afraid neodymium might be too strong? or maybe i'm just exagerating?

9 hours ago, Goldman said:

already got the magnets, and they are easy to use =P
i've seen other things use magnets in pcs (like rgb strips and even some fans) but i'm afraid neodymium might be too strong? or maybe i'm just exagerating?

IMO, depends on what grade & size of the magnet, and where are you putting it.

Although, I would prefer just double taping a velcro on the PC case & the other side of the velcro to the hub.

No chance of it moving around because of vibration and stuffs if done that way.

Because depending on how the hub is built and after connecting cables onto it, it may not be as lightweight as RGB strips, at least not the usual RGB strips used in PC.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.