Can the Lian Li Unifan (or the Phanteks alternative) work when unified and still use the standard 4 pin fan port and the motherboard RGB port?

I'm curious to know if the unified fan models can use the standard 4 pin and RGB pin if they're in unified mode?

And will I be able to control their RGB with OpenRGB?  For context, my motherboard is an Aorus Master X570S

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

so as long as ground gos with ground voltage with voltage and data with data you just have to find or make adaptors to connect em. but difrant fans have difrant amount of leds in them and serten anamations are set up for a set amount of leds and having more or less leds can brarake the anamation. uni fans have there own controller witch would be best for the anamations for em, but if you dont care and want like a solid color or a random rainbow then dose not mater so long at the conteoller can power all the leds. some anamations have a set amount of leds. like say one is set for 60 leds and you have  100 leds strip once it gets to the 60 leds it will loop back to the first led.

if your talking about hooking argb to rgb no that cant be hooked together.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

LL/Phanteks fans tend to still use PWM, with SM JST for the ARGB, but they usually include adapters to standard ARGB. OpenRGB or SignalRGB should work... not sure which is best. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

On 12/27/2023 at 9:57 PM, thrasher_565 said:

uni fans have there own controller

would the controller be compatible with Gigabyte's RGB header, and would the fans connect to the PWM fan header?

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

12 hours ago, YamiYukiSenpai said:

would the controller be compatible with Gigabyte's RGB header, and would the fans connect to the PWM fan header?

the controller conetes to usb and uses lian li sofware. also i think it dose pwm as well.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links