115 Inch TCL X11G Max, name of shipper used?

100toeface

Hi, I just watched the video posted today about the TCL x11G Max. I contacted a number of China buyer agents, they all said they don't know a shipping company who will agree to ship it overseas due to its size. If someone from the Linus team could please share the name of the shipping company they used to ship the TV from China to the USA, I would REALLY appreciate it, otherwise I cannot get this TV, which I really really want to get.

I have a feeling this is one of those you gotta be  in the loop kinda shippers as they did mention having high difficulty of getting it.

If ya want a nice home cinema a projector or a current big oled will more than do and you won't be on a first gen product that will have some issues 😛

Also you need a Chinese phone number which are linked to a Chinese ID and well you can't just get that easily 😛

They won't, to protect their sources. Besides, if you can afford this TV, you can afford to hire people to figure out how to get it shipped outside China. :old-eyeroll:

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Yeah, this is serious “gotta know a guy” territory. Give it a year or two and there will be an option or two in NA that you could, I don’t know, get warranty support for. 

10 hours ago, jaslion said:

😛

Also you need a Chinese phone number which are linked to a Chinese ID and well you can't just get that easily 😛

Doesn't need to be a Chinese ID, my two phone numbers are tied to my Canadian id.

On 12/25/2023 at 8:48 PM, jaslion said:

I have a feeling this is one of those you gotta be  in the loop kinda shippers as they did mention having high difficulty of getting it.

If ya want a nice home cinema a projector or a current big oled will more than do and you won't be on a first gen product that will have some issues 😛

I currently have a Sony xw7000 projector + 130" AGS grey screen and a Samsung The frame 85" TV, but this 115" would leave both of them in the dust: I wouldn't need either. I put PC windows on my 130" of size 115" and 97" (size of the LG Oled tv), and 115" is a lot lot lot bigger than the 97", making it a true projector alternative. There is no other product like it. Led walls are 200k. 

11 hours ago, 100toeface said:

I currently have a Sony xw7000 projector + 130" AGS grey screen and a Samsung The frame 85" TV, but this 115" would leave both of them in the dust: I wouldn't need either. I put PC windows on my 130" of size 115" and 97" (size of the LG Oled tv), and 115" is a lot lot lot bigger than the 97", making it a true projector alternative. There is no other product like it. Led walls are 200k. 

Id wait you already got a badass thing goin.

Simply put this will most likely catch on and become a niche market. Which means production to scale and having better products.

Also ya know. First gen tech. NEVER be an early adopter 😛

On 12/25/2023 at 6:53 PM, 100toeface said:

Hi, I just watched the video posted today about the TCL x11G Max. I contacted a number of China buyer agents, they all said they don't know a shipping company who will agree to ship it overseas due to its size. If someone from the Linus team could please share the name of the shipping company they used to ship the TV from China to the USA, I would REALLY appreciate it, otherwise I cannot get this TV, which I really really want to get.

None of the above answers has anything to do with proper mailing.
It is most likely that Andy will directly purchase the goods and send them to LTT's transit warehouse via China Post, and then LTT Studio will receive the goods.

Try contacting a international freight broker or sometimes international customs brokers will know transit companies that can get it done and also help with the customs part of it. It may take several transit companies to have this type of freight handled, IE land, sea, train, etc. If I had the cash to do this and wanted it to happen, I'd would find a China based freight forwarder to use an entire 20' container and load and ship ONLY this item in it. It's a waste of space but probably more easily doable than trying to find someone to ship it with regular mixed freight. Won't be cheap but if you are looking at this TV, that probably isn't a problem. Helps if you know somebody in China to help coordinate the whole thing.

10 minutes ago, TheGreatestGazoo said:

Try contacting a international freight broker or sometimes international customs brokers will know transit companies that can get it done and also help with the customs part of it. It may take several transit companies to have this type of freight handled, IE land, sea, train, etc. If I had the cash to do this and wanted it to happen, I'd would find a China based freight forwarder to use an entire 20' container and load and ship ONLY this item in it. It's a waste of space but probably more easily doable than trying to find someone to ship it with regular mixed freight. Won't be cheap but if you are looking at this TV, that probably isn't a problem. Helps if you know somebody in China to help coordinate the whole thing.

That will easily double to cost of the TV. When I moved here, I was looking at shipping VIA sea, and it was nearly $9000 for a 20 foot container. It was cheaper to just buy everything I needed when I got here.

20 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

That will easily double to cost of the TV. When I moved here, I was looking at shipping VIA sea, and it was nearly $9000 for a 20 foot container. It was cheaper to just buy everything I needed when I got here.

Absolutely. There is nothing cheap about this TV and shipping such a monstrosity half way around the world isn't going to be cost effective - could be another reason why its not made available in NA. For the OP's question where I doubt LTT will divulge their logistics (which seems to be very difficult anyway), the container idea may be viable but not cheap for somebody that "really really" wants to get it. Lots of dunnage will be necessary to fill the container up to keep the TV safe, but I have seen that done before in containers over the years in my warehouse facility.

49 minutes ago, TheGreatestGazoo said:

Absolutely. There is nothing cheap about this TV and shipping such a monstrosity half way around the world isn't going to be cost effective - could be another reason why its not made available in NA. For the OP's question where I doubt LTT will divulge their logistics (which seems to be very difficult anyway), the container idea may be viable but not cheap for somebody that "really really" wants to get it. Lots of dunnage will be necessary to fill the container up to keep the TV safe, but I have seen that done before in containers over the years in my warehouse facility.

Yea, far bigger and more fragile things are shipped every minute of every day via sea. It just comes down to how much you are willing to spend.