Wanting to get Dolby Atmos (eARC) in my current setup

Azriel14

For Christmas, I've received a Bose Smart Soundbar 600. Right now I'm just using bluetooth to have it receive audio from my PC but I'm wondering of the logistics required to use the soundbar's eARC input so it can support Dolby Atmos content.

My monitor is a Alienware AW3423DWF whilst my GPU is a SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 6900 XT and my motherboard is a MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI.

Through my research, the best solution I've seen so far is getting a HD Fury Arcana as well so the HDMI output from my GPU is split to eARC for my soundbar and HDMI for my monitor (though I'd prefer DP to use my monitor's full 165hz refresh rate).

If anyone can testify their own solution to a problem similar to this or push me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

9 minutes ago, Azriel14 said:

For Christmas, I've received a Bose Smart Soundbar 600. Right now I'm just using bluetooth to have it receive audio from my PC but I'm wondering of the logistics required to use the soundbar's eARC input so it can support Dolby Atmos content.

My monitor is a Alienware AW3423DWF whilst my GPU is a SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 6900 XT and my motherboard is a MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI.

Through my research, the best solution I've seen so far is getting a HD Fury Arcana as well so the HDMI output from my GPU is split to eARC for my soundbar and HDMI for my monitor (though I'd prefer DP to use my monitor's full 165hz refresh rate).

If anyone can testify their own solution to a problem similar to this or push me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Connect PC HDMI port to AV recievers HDMI input.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-51-receiver-to-pc-via-hdmi-without/be108594-0d2c-4a20-b78e-f522ef3b191f
Tested with my setup and it worked

1 hour ago, Azriel14 said:

• Have you tried just connecting an HDMI cable to your sound bar from the RX 6900 XT? (leaving the DP cable connected to your monitor)
  • It might detect it as an additional audio device and that should be all you need to do. (Since you're talking about Dolby Atmos, I'm assuming your computer already has a license for it.)
  • To me, it seems like the HD Arcana is one of the more expensive solutions to your problem, but it is an eloquent one

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!

50 minutes ago, problemsolver said:
  • Have you tried just connecting an HDMI cable to your sound bar from the RX 6900 XT? (leaving the DP cable connected to your monitor)
  • It might detect it as an additional audio device and that should be all you need to do. (Since you're talking about Dolby Atmos, I'm assuming your computer already has a license for it.)
  • To me, it seems like the HD Arcana is one of the more expensive solutions to your problem, but it is an eloquent one

I wish it was that easy but I when did just give plugging it in a shot, nothing showed up as an audio output.

2 minutes ago, Azriel14 said:

I wish it was that easy but I when did just give plugging it in a shot, nothing showed up as an audio output.

Did you see if Windows detects an additional display if you try to extend your displays?
Example: 

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!