system drive filling up with gigabytes randomly

baxtdm

I know my drive doesnt have much storage to begin with(128GB) and I only have 6GB free most of the time. Despite my not installing/downloading anything at all that 6GB turns into a few hundred megabytes and at worse nothing, the odd thing is restarting my laptop gives me all that 6GB back.
this is very annoying and I'd love some help
thanks in advanced ❤️

try downloading called space sniffer and see what is eating up your storage.

It's possible something is downloading or making logs perhaps automatically and eating up your storage.

Space sniffer allows you to see what is taking up your storage. and it's small to install even with your 6GB

perhaps you might have system restore on and you forgot to tune it to a smaller percentage like 1%.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

1 hour ago, baxtdm said:

I know my drive doesnt have much storage to begin with(128GB) and I only have 6GB free most of the time. Despite my not installing/downloading anything at all that 6GB turns into a few hundred megabytes and at worse nothing, the odd thing is restarting my laptop gives me all that 6GB back.
this is very annoying and I'd love some help
thanks in advanced ❤️

That's temp files managed by Windows or apps

Really you shouldn't keep having a 95%+ full drive, speed becomes abysmal and when it's full Windows will crash and become unrecoverable (happened to my daughter on her old Surface, had to reinstall it after backuping personal files, was a pain with the single USB port.. )

Get at least a 500GB drive they sell for the price of a couple pizzas...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

no clue what OS you are running and today i wouldn't recommend anything less than 1TB system drive. 

windows update, indexing and other caching through web browser eats up your 128gb very fast..