Why did most NES games have black title screens and backgrounds?

sarita-ita

I remember that the majority of NES games I played back then had black title screens and/or backgrounds. Black seemed to be the official NES color for some reason. Can someone please tell me why?

Probably to help make the limited colors pop more, natural contrasts as well as you must remember what tvs these were played on, crts with not the best resolution

i watch a youtube video about the nes but i dont rember the limits of it but i think it has something to do with how many colors and reusing palets and assets. back in the day alot of things had to be done to make it fit and work now adays we dont have thows problems hence the day one patch.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Limited colour palette, and saving valuable cartridge space.

Early NES carts only had 40k total rom available, and only a small part of that was useable for graphics.

*Edit* a standard 40k NES cart used 8k of that space for character graphics. 8k.

Edited by Learned Robb
Updated info