Why did I get less money on PayPal, fee and..?

Mysterion04

Hi, i have 2 questions about PayPal. First of all I'm from Switzerland and my english is not perfect, so bear with me. And i don't really have a clue from PayPal.

I created a business PayPal account a few days ago and I got my first money from a customer yesterday. He is from Germany and they have Euro there and I'm from Switzerland and we have Swiss Franc. So he paid me 130€, which is 122.75 CHF. But I got only 117,77 CHF. Why is that? Where are the 5 CHF? Is there a cost cause they have to make it to another currency?
And then they took another 6,07 CHF, but this is for the PayPal fee, so at the end I got 111,70 CHF/
118.31 Euro.
Fee is ok, but I'm just curious about the missing 5CHF

And my second question is; I have another PayPal account, a privat one, since a few years. I just use it to buy from AliExpress sometimes. The question now is, can I transfer money from my Business PayPal account to my privat PayPal account without losing money? No fee and whatever they will take away?

Hope you can give me some informations. Thank you

8 minutes ago, Mysterion04 said:

Hi, i have 2 questions about PayPal. First of all I'm from Switzerland and my english is not perfect, so bear with me. And i don't really have a clue from PayPal.

I created a business PayPal account a few days ago and I got my first money from a customer yesterday. He is from Germany and they have Euro there and I'm from Switzerland and we have Swiss Franc. So he paid me 130€, which is 122.75 CHF. But I got only 117,77 CHF. Why is that? Where are the 5 CHF? Is there a cost cause they have to make it to another currency?
And then they took another 6,07 CHF, but this is for the PayPal fee, so at the end I got 111,70 CHF/
118.31 Euro.
Fee is ok, but I'm just curious about the missing 5CHF

And my second question is; I have another PayPal account, a privat one, since a few years. I just use it to buy from AliExpress sometimes. The question now is, can I transfer money from my Business PayPal account to my privat PayPal account without losing money? No fee and whatever they will take away?

Hope you can give me some informations. Thank you

PayPal publishes their fees on their website, available at the link below. For more clarification about fees and whether or not it there's a fee to transfer money between your specific Business and Personal PayPal accounts, you'd be best to contact PayPal support.

https://www.paypal.com/ch/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

PayPal has always been a pain for me only because every transaction I did with a business account had some fee tied to it.

As for your situation, yes, there is a fee when a currency needs to be exchanged. Apparently this can be different depending on the currency, so you might have to dig through PayPal's information on that.

So in short, with a business account, you will experience a small fee for all incoming payments or transactions PLUS a small fee if they had to do a currency conversion -- I believe it's usually 4.5% or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your help. I changed my main currensy to Euro, cause I will get around 80% of the payments in Euro anyways. Now it works, I saw that paypal just removed the around 6€ fee.

But i still have to check how I can transport all the money to my privat paypal account without they took away fee or again the currensy fee, since it's now in euro and my privat paypal account is in CHF of course.

And what if i wanna send it to my bank account? I think if i read it correctly there is no fee from transfering my own paypal money to my own bank account. But what about the currensy chance? My bank account is obviously in Swiss franc too. Is there a currensy change fee? Or is it free, does anyone know? Probably have to call my bank next week.

My last question 🙂

I have a privat Revolut account. Just a free one, with a virtual credit card. If you wanna have real in hand one, you have to pay 10 or 17 USD i think. But i don't need that. I have a website and etsy store and the money get's automaticly taken away from revolut when I have to pay my monthly fees. Cause I don't have a credit card at all and it works with the virtual credit card from revolut perfectly, i just have to transfar money from my bank account to there now and then...

.. Which brings me to my question. I read that you can transfer money from PayPal to your Revolut account, you just have to link your Revolut Card to PayPal, which I did, but I still can't select it. Is it cause it's a virtual one and not a real one which you have to pay for it? Can someone confirm this?
The virtual is a Mastercard one, and when you order a real one i think it's a visa one, but I'm not 100% sure about it.

Thanks for all the help and sorry for my bad english😭😅