Suggestions for lighting for my room

Toon

Honestly, not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask this to begin with, so I apologize if it's not.

Hey!

I am currently trying to liven up my room a bit since it's just very boring. There's not much going for it and honestly looks a bit depressing LMFAO. It's approximately an 11x11 room and I can't really put LED lights on the top wall (Recently hurt my foot pretty badly, so climbing for now is a no go for now). Does anyone have any suggestions for things I can add to my room that can liven it up? Such as LED lights or anything else in the meanwhile?

Budget isn't really too much of an issue, but not entirely looking to spend hundreds of dollars on light panels (Looking at you, Govee...).

Thanks!

It's really hard to give advice without seeing what you have in your room and its layout. The RBG lights going around the top walls around the room.....that's been done to death and I feel it's over now and unless you use strip holders with diffuser covers they're quite harsh when looking directly at them. I'd look for places where light strips can be placed underneath or somewhat hidden and just have the glow showing. I just put some up above my kitchen cabinets and the glow reflects off of the ceiling and a bit of the walls without actually seeing the lights and the effect is really nice. We have it alternating between red and green for a Christmas theme, but will use other light effects for other times of the year or just use plain white for ambient light. I used a cheap RBGW controller from Amazon that can be controlled with a remote or an app on your phone, a 12V power supply I had in my parts bin and some 5 pin 5050 RGBW light strips. All in was under $100. There are generic kits available too that are much less than Govee, Nano or Hue. Although, Govee is relatively inexpensive for light strips.

Ideas for placement could be under your bed frame, under your desk, around door or closet door frame, under bookshelf, behind dresser, etc.