No Audio on working old Speakers

Texturcraft

Hi,
i actually don't know where to post this,
so i have an old Soundsystem thrown together, connected to an old TV, and it works, IF i have my (Nintendo) Wii connected, i get sound over the system and the TV speakers. But if i connect my PC (win11) via HDMI or my Nintendo Switch, i only get sound from the TV speakers.
Does someone have an idea on why this is?

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this 😄

If i'm understanding correctly your problem is as  follows:

image.png.666436e1cd04edbf1fe40af43bc44adf.png

The HDMI is used on both the nitendo and the PC? To the same port on the TV? 

if yes then i would think  the issue may be with the TV not the PC as  the PC is clearly sending audio to the TV hence its speakers working. The WII and PC are unlikely to know about the TV attached speakers or not they just send audio. 

Check what audio your sending surround sounds vs stero maybe? might be that your speakers are set to surround sound only on the TV itself.

I'd think a deep dive into the TV speaker setting seeing if there any hint to what/how the speakers are confgiured atm/

Sorry if this is just a ramble and not very helpful but i hope it gives u a few ideas . You could  try a tv forum. Used to work for an audio tech company a decade ago and some of the tv sounds guys really knew their stuff. 

16 minutes ago, RobinD said:

If i'm understanding correctly your problem is as  follows:

image.png.666436e1cd04edbf1fe40af43bc44adf.png

The HDMI is used on both the nitendo and the PC? To the same port on the TV? 

if yes then i would think  the issue may be with the TV not the PC as  the PC is clearly sending audio to the TV hence its speakers working. The WII and PC are unlikely to know about the TV attached speakers or not they just send audio. 

Check what audio your sending surround sounds vs stero maybe? might be that your speakers are set to surround sound only on the TV itself.

I'd think a deep dive into the TV speaker setting seeing if there any hint to what/how the speakers are confgiured atm/

Sorry if this is just a ramble and not very helpful but i hope it gives u a few ideas . You could  try a tv forum. Used to work for an audio tech company a decade ago and some of the tv sounds guys really knew their stuff. 

it only works with the Wii, but ye still, i tried the Stereo and surround sound settings, but without success, the problem i'm having is, that the tv is very minimal in settings
thanks tho!

If it's an older TV with audio jack in then maybe worth trying a 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack. 
alongside the HDMI but putting PC to output audio via jack. 

If UK based they used to sell them in poundland for £1 , if EU then Dealz maybe the same.

Might not help but would be intresting to see if it treat it as a rawer audio input and just plays it