PCI to USB

XxK3V1NxX
Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,
2 minutes ago, XxK3V1NxX said:

Right now, money is the least I have after I upgrade my PC, and having to use my cell phone to transfer Internet to my PC is a bit annoying for practical reasons.

That's why my question was if this modification could be made due to my lack of resources.

In addition, inflation in my country is high and each component that is for sale is exaggeratedly expensive.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt a PCI to USB adapter is going to be cheaper than a USB WiFi adapter in any country. PCI adapters are much more complex and require a lot more materials to make, and are also much more niche, which means they are going to be more expensive.

There really isn't a way to modify the card to make it work with PCIe or USB without an adapter - the PCI standard is completely different in how it works.

Your option of using USB tethering to share your phone's WiFi connection with the computer is exactly the sort of thing I would recommend doing until you have enough to afford a USB WiFi adapter.

Hello, good morning, afternoon or evening.
My question was this: can you modify a PCI WiFi card and convert it to USB?

The WiFi card is the next: 

TL-WN751ND-02.jpg

There are adapters, but any PCI to USB adapter is going to be more cumbersome and expensive than a USB WiFi dongle of equal or superior quality.

Is there a reason you need to use this specific WiFi card?

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

Hay adaptadores, pero cualquier adaptador PCI a USB va a resultar más engorroso y caro que un dongle WiFi USB de igual o superior calidad.

¿Existe alguna razón por la que necesite utilizar esta tarjeta WiFi específica?

Right now, money is the least I have after I upgrade my PC, and having to use my cell phone to transfer Internet to my PC is a bit annoying for practical reasons.

That's why my question was if this modification could be made due to my lack of resources.

In addition, inflation in my country is high and each component that is for sale is exaggeratedly expensive.

2 minutes ago, XxK3V1NxX said:

Unfortunately, I highly doubt a PCI to USB adapter is going to be cheaper than a USB WiFi adapter in any country. PCI adapters are much more complex and require a lot more materials to make, and are also much more niche, which means they are going to be more expensive.

There really isn't a way to modify the card to make it work with PCIe or USB without an adapter - the PCI standard is completely different in how it works.

Your option of using USB tethering to share your phone's WiFi connection with the computer is exactly the sort of thing I would recommend doing until you have enough to afford a USB WiFi adapter.

13 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Desafortunadamente, dudo mucho que un adaptador PCI a USB sea más barato que un adaptador WiFi USB en cualquier país. Los adaptadores PCI son mucho más complejos y requieren muchos más materiales para fabricarse, y también son mucho más especializados, lo que significa que serán más caros.

Realmente no hay forma de modificar la tarjeta para que funcione con PCIe o USB sin un adaptador: el estándar PCI es completamente diferente en su funcionamiento.

Su opción de usar la conexión USB para compartir la conexión WiFi de su teléfono con la computadora es exactamente el tipo de cosas que recomendaría hacer hasta que tenga lo suficiente para comprar un adaptador WiFi USB.

OK, thank you very much for your interest :)