Hey there, I am planning on upgrading my rig as I have a I5 9600k & an rx 6600XT. I am planning on upgrading my cpu, mobo, and ram and im trying to figure out whever to buy the Ryzen 5 7600X or spend the extra money on the ryzen 7 7800X3D. I would like to run microsoft flight simulator & fortnite on Ultra settings, 1080p above 60 fps just fine. I dont have a crazy budget so if I buy the ryzen 5 7600X i will probably have money to upgrade my gpu sooner than later if needed. I would like to know how my fps would be at 1080p with the rx 6600XT paired with the ryzen 5 and ryzen 7.
Thanks!

3 minutes ago, AlexanderZ said:

I would like to run microsoft flight simulator & fortnite on Ultra settings, 1080p above 60 fps just fine.

The X3D is by far the best chip to run MSFS, but at just 1080p60 either of these CPUs will be more than adequate. If that money can be put towards a better GPU instead, I would do that. 

11 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The X3D is by far the best chip to run MSFS, but at just 1080p60 either of these CPUs will be more than adequate. If that money can be put towards a better GPU instead, I would do that. 

id just o for the x3d anyways so you wont have to upgrade the cpu for awhile

If I buy the R7 7800X3D I will probably not upgrade my gpu until next year as it is out of my budget. However if I buy the ryzen 5 7600X I will mostly buy a new RTX 4070 very soon.