Choosing HTML/CSS course from udemy

MightyNerdy9

Hey guys 🙂

I would love to hear your thoughts on which course should i take and help me the most with html/css , 

yea i know that there are tons of free resources but i prefer a video course on udemy 

https://www.udemy.com/course/html-and-css-bootcamp/

https://www.udemy.com/course/design-and-develop-a-killer-website-with-html5-and-css3/

And a general question , I have an ADHD and would like to hear your best tips/hacks/practices on how to learn coding while living with ADHD 

thanks a lot 🙂

I don't know much about udemy (I did CS50 myself, and loved it). But to answer your second question the best trick to learning how to code is not to just do courses, but do as many projects as possible. Like just think of a problem and invision a solution, no matter how hard it may seem. Then work backwards to build it. It will be hard at the start, but set a goal and really try to follow it.

I'm a really big fan of Angela Yu's courses. She does go over some pretty hard basics, but dives into some deeper topics and higher learning. 

I'm also attention deficit, what I've found is breaking things down into smaller tasks makes things easier to finish without completely dismantling the idea. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I like Angela Yu's stuff as well. That said, I think Rob Percival's web dev course is one of the very few courses I actually finished on Udemy (back in 2016).

I'm not sure if I have ADHD or not, but I found it helpful during the Rob Percival course to chase my ideas. There would be a lesson, then I would have an idea that ventured outside of the lesson a bit. I'd chase that, looking up ways to solve the problem, and adding it to my project. Once I had done those things I moved on with the course. This really helped to lock in some of the lessons, and helped me better learn how to solve my own problems and create my own things, outside of the structure of the course. If your ADHD is pushing you to do extra stuff in the course, I'd say lean in, just make sure that once you're done you keep going with the course until the next idea strikes.

I think it also helps to have a project in mind at the end of the day. I had a work project I could apply things to. Several times throughout the course, I would take what I learned in the course and apply it to my own project. This also helped to reenforce what I learned in a more abstract setting. Not everything applied to the project, but many things did, and the course gave me new ideas, which I was able to implement, which would not have made it into the project without the course.

you dont need udemy. youtube have many great teachers and great courses, all for free 

Sudo make me a sandwich