Looking to buy This cpu cooler but for some reaosn there are two with very similar info which is the better of the two?

koolj12

https://a.co/d/8lHKyRb This one is 35$

https://a.co/d/9kzIWpq This one is 70$ 

They have slight differences and very similar info and the reviews differ slightly 

Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB CPU Air Cooler, 7 Heatpipes CPU Cooler,Dual 120mm PWM Fan, for AMD AM4 AM5/Intel 1700/1150/1151/1200
Brand: Thermalright    = 70$

Thermalright PS120SE ARGB CPU Air Cooler, 7 Heat Pipes CPU Cooler,Dual 120mm TL-C12B-S V2 PWM Fan, AGHP 4.0 Technilogy, S-FDB Bearing, for AMD AM4 AM5/Intel 1700/1150/1151/1200, PC Cooler   =35$

what is  TL-C12B-S V2, AGHP 4.0 Technilogy, and  S-FDB Bearing. 

much appreciated 

Theyre much the same, they just have a little height difference, if you have a small case go for the smaller (the SE), if you have a large case or want tall ram, go for the taller

Go for the cheaper one, theres not as much of a difference for even $5 never mind $35.

There is also the PS120 EVO, which is nicer aesthetically (imo) and has thicker, faster spinning fans, though im not sure of the pricing of that for you

TL-C12B V2 is the name of the specific fans used by thermalright in this cooler

AGHP is Anti-Gravity Heat Pipe

S-FDB is S(idk what this is for)-Fluid Dynamic Bearing

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

25 minutes ago, koolj12 said:

what is  TL-C12B-S V2

Its the Fans that come with the heatsink

AGHP 4.0 Technilogy

Basic marketing BS, cant find what it stands for *Apperantly Anti-Gravity Heat Pipe (Thanks @TatamiMatt)

S-FDB Bearing

Super fluid dynamic bearing, its the fans bearing

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

18 minutes ago, Alinz said:

Its the Fans that come with the heatsink

Basic marketing BS, cant find what it stands for *Apperantly Anti-Gravity Heat Pipe (Thanks @TatamiMatt)

Super fluid dynamic bearing, its the fans bearing

Yeah pretty much marketing its their v4.0 on the wicking inside the heatsinks that move the vapour chamber liquid through capillary action, due to this they can work in any orientation hence "anti gravity." So its not wrong, but it is marketing

System specs:

1 hour ago, TatamiMatt said:

Yeah pretty much marketing its their v4.0 on the wicking inside the heatsinks that move the vapour chamber liquid through capillary action, due to this they can work in any orientation hence "anti gravity." So its not wrong, but it is marketing

hey our pc builds are quite similar, I have a dif mobo though  (asus rog trix b650e-f mobo) also Im looking into coolers I see you have a frost commander I didnt know there was anything better than the phantom spirit cpu cooler, Is there anything better than the frost spirit??

also for fture refrence these two coolers are the same? just marketing tatctics??

5 minutes ago, koolj12 said:

hey our pc builds are quite similar, I have a dif mobo though  (asus rog trix b650e-f mobo) also Im looking into coolers I see you have a frost commander I didnt know there was anything better than the phantom spirit cpu cooler, Is there anything better than the frost spirit??

also for fture refrence these two coolers are the same? just marketing tatctics??

the commander and spirit being marketing you mean?

Or the PS120 vs PS120SE?

System specs:

2 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

the commander and spirit being marketing you mean?

Or the PS120 vs PS120SE?

ps120se I posted about

2 minutes ago, koolj12 said:

ps120se I posted about

They have slightly different use cases, usually theyre much closer in price, id assume the SEs were bought out during black friday and cyber week so the last few they have in stock theyve put the price up on. Its basically a slightly smaller form factor and look to give both variety and if the need arises, the option to go for one over the other. Its the wording of the AGHPs, they are anti gravity, kind of, fluid can move vertically, but its not because of anti gravity, its due to capillary action

But to cut the story short, theres maybe 1% difference, if not less, between these coolers performance wise, id recommend the cheaper one

System specs:

2 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

Theyre much the same, they just have a little height difference, if you have a small case go for the smaller (the SE), if you have a large case or want tall ram, go for the taller

Go for the cheaper one, theres not as much of a difference for even $5 never mind $35.

There is also the PS120 EVO, which is nicer aesthetically (imo) and has thicker, faster spinning fans, though im not sure of the pricing of that for you

TL-C12B V2 is the name of the specific fans used by thermalright in this cooler

AGHP is Anti-Gravity Heat Pipe

S-FDB is S(idk what this is for)-Fluid Dynamic Bearing

I may go for the cheaper one but its interestinbg because the cheaper one has a 280 wattage and 2400 rpm while the 70$ one is 120 wattage 1500rpm? that is so weird 

3 minutes ago, koolj12 said:

I may go for the cheaper one but its interestinbg because the cheaper one has a 280 wattage and 2400 rpm while the 70$ one is 120 wattage 1500rpm? that is so weird 

Sorry, i cant find where it says that, where did you find it?

System specs:

2 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

They have slightly different use cases, usually theyre much closer in price, id assume the SEs were bought out during black friday and cyber week so the last few they have in stock theyve put the price up on. Its basically a slightly smaller form factor and look to give both variety and if the need arises, the option to go for one over the other. Its the wording of the AGHPs, they are anti gravity, kind of, fluid can move vertically, but its not because of anti gravity, its due to capillary action

But to cut the story short, theres maybe 1% difference, if not less, between these coolers performance wise, id recommend the cheaper one

why does everyone say teh phantom spirit 120se is the best overall perfoming cpu cooler?? if the frost commander is better I hear nothing about it?? 

1 minute ago, koolj12 said:

why does everyone say teh phantom spirit 120se is the best overall perfoming cpu cooler?? if the frost commander is better I hear nothing about it?? 

Im just realising theyre the same cooler, down to a T, theyre both the SE variant just sold by different sellers on amazon, absolutely go for the cheaper one

System specs:

1 minute ago, TatamiMatt said:

Sorry, i cant find where it says that, where did you find it?

when you go to teh amazon site it says see more under the price press that it gives more info 

3 minutes ago, koolj12 said:

when you go to teh amazon site it says see more under the price press that it gives more info 

Tis strange, i think both of the sellers have the info wrong, the PS120 does indeed cool 280W as the first one states but fans only spin at 1500 as second states

https://www.thermalright.com/product/phantom-spirit-120/

Link provided above to correct info, it doesnt give TDP rating but its 280W

Frost commander is good but loud and slightly more expensive for marginal performance increase, if you dont mind the noise, you could go for it, it doesnt have any RGB variants however so youd be buying grey black or white just.

System specs:

1 minute ago, TatamiMatt said:

Tis strange, i think both of the sellers have the info wrong, the PS120 does indeed cool 280W as the first one states but fans only spin at 1500 as second states

now you see why im confused lol

now you see why im confused lol

comment edited, accidentally posted before finished, more info now

System specs:

https://www.thermalright.com/product/phantom-spirit-120/

Link provided above to correct info, it doesnt give TDP rating but its 280W

Frost commander is good but loud and slightly more expensive for marginal performance increase, if you dont mind the noise, you could go for it, it doesnt have any RGB variants however so youd be buying grey black or white just.

phantom spirit 120se it is then. Thank you tremendously 

Just now, koolj12 said:

what can you say about the frost spirit 140? it seems to do much better than the ps120se

I have the commander, the 5 heatpipe version of the frost spirit. I quite like it, its a bit different from traditional coolers in that it uses 8mm heatpipes instead of the usual 6mm ones. Its very apt at cooling, and a touch better than the phantom spirit

Credit to pcalanytics for this, and take it with a pinch of salt, cpu used is the 7800X3D

image.png.9da6416757c9102e1a0c90f9502ba959.png

FC140 does ever so slightly better than the PS120, but as you can see from the dotted line, is MUCH louder

I dont mind as i wear headphones, but if its running at 100% and no noise is coming throug hheadphones i can still hear it loud and clear, i also prefer the aesthetics of the FC140 as i was able to get a 100% black cooler compared to the PS which isnt 100% black. So i splashed out a little extra for aesthetics and a hair of performance extra and didnt mind the increased noise. So seemed like an all around bonus to me. Your use case will be specific to you however

System specs:

5 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

I have the commander, the 5 heatpipe version of the frost spirit. I quite like it, its a bit different from traditional coolers in that it uses 8mm heatpipes instead of the usual 6mm ones. Its very apt at cooling, and a touch better than the phantom spirit

Credit to pcalanytics for this, and take it with a pinch of salt, cpu used is the 7800X3D

FC140 does ever so slightly better than the PS120, but as you can see from the dotted line, is MUCH louder

I dont mind as i wear headphones, but if its running at 100% and no noise is coming throug hheadphones i can still hear it loud and clear, i also prefer the aesthetics of the FC140 as i was able to get a 100% black cooler compared to the PS which isnt 100% black. So i splashed out a little extra for aesthetics and a hair of performance extra and didnt mind the increased noise. So seemed like an all around bonus to me. Your use case will be specific to you however

I have the same set up, 7 7800x3d,sapphire nitro+,gskilll trident ram, and 5000d airflow just need fans and a cooler would you mind sending me a pic of your pc set up I was wondering what it would all look like. i REALLY appreciate all the help btw

I appreciate your help ALOT, my fault I was reading the wrong graph and mixed them, ps120se is a clear winner

TR makes a LOT of coolers that, in performance, are almost identical. The FC is slightly better than the FS and PS, which are slightly better than the PA, and the chain goes on and on. Some models have more than 5 variants, which is insane. I assume it's for compatability. 

BTW, if you want the best cooler, choose a great heatsink that fits in your PC correctly, and then buy the strongest fans you can afford that fit it correctly. Be careful, though, because the gap between two towers varies from brand to brand and model to model. You might even be able to spend less that way and most likely get better performance.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

11 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

TR makes a LOT of coolers that, in performance, are almost identical. The FC is slightly better than the FS and PS, which are slightly better than the PA, and the chain goes on and on. Some models have more than 5 variants, which is insane. I assume it's for compatability. 

BTW, if you want the best cooler, choose a great heatsink that fits in your PC correctly, and then buy the strongest fans you can afford that fit it correctly. Be careful, though, because the gap between two towers varies from brand to brand and model to model. You might even be able to spend less that way and most likely get better performance.

wait a I can switch the fans off the cooler itselff??? what do you thin ko ftehdeepcool asassin iv? it seems better than all

wait a I can switch the fans off the cooler itselff???

Unless you buy a cooler that has proprietary fans like the DC Assassin IV, yes. Air cooler or water cooler, you can swap the fans. Just make sure to choose the best heatsink/ rad+pump+tubes that you can afford, and then buy really strong fans, like the Phanteks T30 or the Noctua A4-iPPC-3000. There are many others to choose from. Don't mind noise and want super power? Get a high-power server fan like from Delta, some of which exceed 50mmAq pressure. 😮 🌬

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

Unless you buy a cooler that has proprietary fans like the DC Assassin IV, yes. Air cooler or water cooler, you can swap the fans. Just make sure to choose the best heatsink/ rad+pump+tubes that you can afford, and then buy really strong fans, like the Phanteks T30 or the Noctua A4-iPPC-3000. There are many others to choose from. Don't mind noise and want super power? Get a high-power server fan like from Delta, some of which exceed 50mmAq pressure. 😮 🌬

would doing that be better than the assasin IV? I was thinking taking a phantom s se120 and putting noctua fans on it lol

2 hours ago, koolj12 said:

would doing that be better than the assasin IV? I was thinking taking a phantom s se120 and putting noctua fans on it lol

Combining the best fans with the best heatsink? Yes. Noctua doesn't have the best 120s, though.