amd pro driver vs adrenalin

donut63xd

hey so i got a rx 6600 with i3 12100f, when im using adrenalin drivers my cpu runs in games at 100% while the gpu at something similar, most of the times the cpu bottlenecks and i have some lag spikes because of this, but when i try pro drivers the cpu runs at maximum 10% and the gpu at 100% and i get the same framerate. the bad side of the pro drivers is that it doesnt get recognized by some games. which one should i use and why does this happen?

7 minutes ago, donut63xd said:

hey so i got a rx 6600 with i3 12100f, when im using adrenalin drivers my cpu runs in games at 100% while the gpu at something similar, most of the times the cpu bottlenecks and i have some lag spikes because of this, but when i try pro drivers the cpu runs at maximum 10% and the gpu at 100% and i get the same framerate. the bad side of the pro drivers is that it doesnt get recognized by some games. which one should i use and why does this happen?

10% CPU usage while gaming isn't real, especially on  a 12100F !! Even Windows at idle should need more...

Your monitoring software bugs out

Do you experience better fps with one of the drivers ? I'd stick with the Adrenalin version as they're more often updated for new games

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones