The End of the Console Wars.

Mendelssohn

I'm interested in what you guys think; I think with the end of the console wars most people can agree that it has been an overall good change, but do you think that the console wars made these companies be more innovative or do you think this is just the effect of "modern gaming" (excluding Nintendo because they never really have been part of the console wars)?  Do you think the console wars made game companies be more competitive to impressive MS or Sony? Just want to see what other people thought, I feel like "modern gaming" has gotten complacent.

3 minutes ago, Mendelssohn said:

I'm interested in what you guys think; I think with the end of the console wars most people can agree that it has been an overall good change, but do you think that the console wars made these companies be more innovative or do you think this is just the effect of "modern gaming" (excluding Nintendo because they never really have been part of the console wars)?  Do you think the console wars made game companies be more competitive to impressive MS or Sony? Just want to see what other people thought, I feel like "modern gaming" has gotten complacent.

Why do you think that the console wars are over?

This is purely my opinion, but I feel with most releases that come on consoles are now are pc (in not now will be later).  Like I said I this is me, but without games that are only on consoles there is no point to buying a console.  I just feel like the console wars are dead, but I'm open to hearing others opinions.

56 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Why do you think that the console wars are over?

This is purely my opinion, but I feel with most releases that come on consoles are now are pc (in not now will be later).  Like I said I this is me, but without games that are only on consoles there is no point to buying a console.  I just feel like the console wars are dead, but I'm open to hearing others opinions.

1 hour ago, Mendelssohn said:

I just feel like the console wars are dead,

the console "wars" were never why or how microsoft or sony pushed people to buy their systems
But by the people defending their decision to buy said system.
The war was over when people stopped caring about who bought what. For instance, microsoft stopped caring when they openly put their exclusives on pc (albeit on their own platform first and then steam)
nintendo fans stopped caring when sega pulled out of the race and they themselves stopped actively competing with sony and microsoft to settle into a niche
The console wars was never about consoles being the best thing to play games on, but for people to defend why they bought it

Nintendo WAS part of all that, make no mistake about it.

On 11/23/2023 at 8:23 PM, Mendelssohn said:

(excluding Nintendo because they never really have been part of the console wars)

I guess you never heard why Sony decided to create the PSX........
PlayStation 25th Anniversary: How Sony created the console that redefined the game industry | GamesRadar+

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

there were more reasons to buy a console over a pc but thows things are less and less and times console being cheaper to buy then a console killer pc. but like now you can use keyboard and mouse on the consoles and most games can be played on both. even Nintendo opened up and took on well any game instead of games they think fit it because  $$$. but you still need a switch to play switch games and a ps to play some ps exclusives. the xbox is dead unless its the thing i said cheaper then a pc. thow games cost more so...🤷‍♂️

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 12/2/2023 at 7:15 PM, htimsenyawed said:

I really hope the console wars aren't over because it forced Sony to finally make a controller that's comfortable for me.

Get rid of the competition and it'll be Gamecube or, even worse, Nintendo 64 controllers all over again.

gamecube controller just has a learning cove so dose n64 but play mario n64 and you be g2g.

n64 you dont use the d pad same on the gcc. its odd but thats just how it is. well there was an improved hori n64 controller there some what collectable. 

when it comes to frame perfect inputs alot of runers need to find and hold there controllers in wired ways anyway.

the ps controller was the best for me but the top button is meh for tonyhock grinding...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links