Grab Your Tinfoil Hats Guys & Girls, And Join Me On Apple's Hate-Wagon

Jack.EXE

A longstanding "Bug" in iOS prevents text messages sent from iPhones to any other smartphone from being received.

Officially, apple's engenieers are "working" on "fixing" it.

[tinfoilhat]

But I don't believe them.

I first saw this when one woman was suing Apple over it, so I decided to do some reasearch of my own.

Turns out, it's a very common "problem" with iMessage, which puneshes you for switching from iOS by taking text messages sent by iPhones to you hostage.

Personally, it would not Surprize me if it was intentional.

[/tinfoilhat]

What do you guys think? Honestly, I'm very partial against apple these days, and will NOT be buying any more apple products. (Voting withmy wallet against their patent trolling & things like this)

I'm not blind, and I can see this for what it is, a problem with iOS. But what about my sisters and their friends? Imagine one trying to switch over. They'll think it's a problem with android, and it'll most likely tear appart a friendship in the process.

Logan did cover this on yesterday's The Tek

Source:http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-iphone-allegedly-wont-send-texts-to-android-2014-5#

@LinusTech @Slick you guys experience this?

Apple hate army incoming

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Pretty weird though

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

I'm texting my Android buddies no problem

All you have to do is login to your apple accountaccount and disable your iPhone, or if your phone still works just disable imessaging

and I'm texting my Apple buddies no problem

edit: My friends use iMessage on their phones and macbooks too. How common is this bug? The first time I heard of it was on the WAN show and it surprised me.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

Hey look, the beginnings of another circle jerk.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

maybe compatable issues, they wouldn't do it intentionally , since they know they wont release products that are buggy and literally annoying to it's customers.it's kinda like that map issue they had once. they'll figure it out. soon.

:ph34r: apples or oranges?

Details separate people.

edit: My friends use iMessage on their phones and macbooks too. How common is this bug? The first time I heard of it was on the WAN show and it surprised me.

From what I can dig up, about 1 in 6

All you have to do is login to your apple accountaccount and disable your iPhone, or if your phone still works just disable imessaging

Yes, you know this an I know this. But what about main-stream "applers"? The switch, get the bug, and then go back to apple, bad mouthing the other OSes.

maybe compatable issues, they wouldn't do it intentionally , since they know they wont release products that are buggy and literally annoying to it's customers.it's kinda like that map issue they had once. they'll figure it out. soon.

:ph34r: apples or oranges?

But it's not their customers they're harming. This bug has been around since iMessage came about. they don't have any intention of fixing it.

Oh my god, just hold the fucking send button on an iPhone and it defaults back to SMS rather than continuing to use iMessage. It's not hard. God people are stupid.

I text my iPhone friends and they don't have a problem. I always receive their messages and they receive mine. So yeah, I have yet to encounter a person with this problem. But it wouldn't surprise me, Apple can be a butt sometimes

Oh my god, just hold the fucking send button on an iPhone and it defaults back to SMS rather than continuing to use iMessage. It's not hard. God people are stupid.

But would my teenage sisters & their friends know that? No.

WE may know that, but we're the minority here.

The loudest voices will unfortunately be the ones this bug will actually hurt. And it won't hurt apple's PR it'll hurt android, and blackberry, and windows, and Ubuntu, and FireFox, the list goes on.

"I had an iPhone and everything worked, but when I switched to X, I wouldn't get any texts"

THAT is the problem here.

that bug only happens if they have used and iphone with an imessage account and then switched to android..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Happened to me when I switched from an iPhone 4S to my Lumia 1520.  Didn't get texts from other iPhone users for like 2 weeks.

4930k @ 4.0 GHz - Rampage IV Black - 16GB Dominator Platnium 1600 Cas 8 - 2x 780TI Classified SLI - 640 GT - Xonar Pheobus - 2x 128GB 840 Pro RAID 0 - 250GB 840 EVO - Live Gamer HD - AX1200i - COSMOS II - H100i - 4x SP120 - 4x AF120 - AF140 - 3x U3014 - Blackwidow Ultimate - Naga - Mouse Bungee - Manticor - 2x Sabertooth - Atrox - T500RS - TH8RS - Tiamat 7.1 - SP2500 - c920 - Smart-UPS SMT1500

my mate gets double messages from me on his iphone for some reason,

Using Nexus 5

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

yeah my GF can't have iMessage on and send texts to me so she had to turn it off and now its fine. When it was on it was sending it to my iPhone and not my Android which was really weird.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

People need to turn off iMessage before they switch phones. They may have another Apple product that uses iMessage where their phone number is still registered with Apple. If that doesn't work you can go to your support profile and unregister your phone.

If all else fails a call to Apple and they'll manually take your number off iMessage. Can be a little bit of a pain in the butt to do all this but the reverse people would bitch, too.

If you're not receiving texts from iPhone users make sure they have 'Send as SMS' on their phones enabled. For whatever reason it's not on out of the box.

I have no problems texting people be they using an Android or WP or iPhone. Only difference to me is iPhone users texts are blue and everyone else is green.

People need to turn off iMessage before they switch phones. They may have another Apple product that uses iMessage where their phone number is still registered with Apple. If that doesn't work you can go to your support profile and unregister your phone.

If all else fails a call to Apple and they'll manually take your number off iMessage. Can be a little bit of a pain in the butt to do all this but the reverse people would bitch, too.

If you're not receiving texts from iPhone users make sure they have 'Send as SMS' on their phones enabled. For whatever reason it's not on out of the box.

I have no problems texting people be they using an Android or WP or iPhone. Only difference to me is iPhone users texts are blue and everyone else is green.

This^

I haven't had any issues w/ iMessages not going through. The only times I had issues were when my brother switch to Android (which he corrected fairly quickly after I brought it to his attention), and when my friend lost his iPhone and used a temporary Android phone until he got his replacement iPhone.

It's not really a big deal. I tell my friends who make the switch away to turn it off prior to switching, so it's no biggie.

I have had this problem (had an iphone, switched over to the android side of things), my girlfriend has an iphone and we had this issue a lot, and it has happened with several of her other friends as well. I don't believe it is an intentional bug, I think it's just hard to get iOS to stop sending imessages whenever someone switches to a different OS. Just my take

I didn't know this, had we (girlfriend and I), it would have made it almost a non-issue lol.

I've experienced none of these problems when I switched from my iPhone 4 to my HTC One. None of my family (who all use iPhones) nor friends (many use iPhones) had trouble contacting me during my switch. I find it interesting that this is such a big deal. I can imagine a couple of isolated cases having trouble, but there being a sizeable group that have these troubles is quite interesting.

I have had this problem (had an iphone, switched over to the android side of things), my girlfriend has an iphone and we had this issue a lot, and it has happened with several of her other friends as well. I don't believe it is an intentional bug, I think it's just hard to get iOS to stop sending imessages whenever someone switches to a different OS. Just my take

I didn't know this, had we (girlfriend and I), it would have made it almost a non-issue lol.

The issue is just because you turn an iPhone off and switch to something else doesn't mean Apple doesn't still think you are using iMessage. You can turn your iPhone off, and if Apple turned iMessage off for you, people would bitch they're not getting iMessages on their iPad or Mac.

iMessage is really built on a presumption the user will be using it for a while and that it's cross platform across Apple hardware. I can keep a conversation going from a Mac to an iPad to an iPhone and it's seamless. That all requires using your phone number as the primary contact point then email addresses and such.

With that in mind that's why people's phone numbers aren't immediately taken off iMessage because the phone was turned off.