First "SFF", thoughts?

Budget (including currency): $1000 (usd)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: BeamNG, r6, tomb raider, WarThunder

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I've just wanted to down-size for a bit of time now bc i have a desk pc and my current pc is just too big, I've built my own pc before so i know my way around a little. this is the build that i want to make https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jr.Death/saved/#view=qHD6Bm ("mini" pc build), i'm building in a Mechanic Master C26 Small Cube Sugar (https://www.newegg.com/p/2AM-05JW-00025?Item=9SIBJJTK4E2546). it would be nice if everything was at micro center so i can just have a one stop shop. i don't need any peripherals and the ones that i do have only uses 6 USBs, and i want to try to buy everything thing this Friday (EST) 

That case is really only SFF in the sense that you can't fit any halfway decent cooler on your CPU (aside from liquid). Tread lightly with that 5900X.

Why no M.2 drive?

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

A 280mm aio won’t fit in that chassis, 240mm max at the top.

The issue with these compact matx cases is they do everything possible to allow for massive gpus and then compact everything else, and they’re good for the gpu and not a lot else. You’re limited to a 240mm aio or a fairly short air cooler. You can get a dark rock TF in there which is a great air cooling option for a case like that but it’s still a limit in some ways. Same goes for a 240mm aio, yeah it’s an aio but it’s not the most capable size for higher end hardware.

I just kinda look at these types of cases like you’re sacrificing too much in the name of sff without even going that small. 
I use an itx fractal design define 7 nano, they designed every attribute of it to hold any size of atx psu, any size air cooler, 280 in the top or 280 in the front, the compromise being that you can’t fit a massive gpu into it, and definitely not with a front radiator. 
But that case is overall smaller and holds more, at the expense of gpu dimensions, because it’s made for it.

That case is micro atx, its larger overall, requires an sfx power supply, has limited fan and cooler options, all in the name of a massive gpu. So you gotta ask if its worth it to sacrifice everything else in the name of giant gpu air coolers?

Other than that the build is fine, solid part choices, nothing to complain about or note there. Just the compact matx form factor is questionable in general.

Id just get a normal matx case and run a 280mm/360mm aio or large air cooler.

One other system I have is in an Asus prime AP201, it’s a micro atx case with a front mounted atx psu, supports whatever gigantic gpu out there, except it also supports a 360mm top mounted radiator at the same time as those two other things, so you don’t lose out on any potential hardware capability via chassis design.

3 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Tread lightly with that 5900X.

why should i? i really haven't heard anything wrong with them. all the storage that you see is what i have now, i'm going to fix that later on and add an m.2

3 hours ago, 8tg said:

A 280mm aio won’t fit in that chassis, 240mm max at the top.

i was mostly wondering about that, bc i had no idea if it would work.
i wanted to go for a itx build but that was too much to sacrifice in upgradeability and cost. i'm not planning on upgrading anytime in the future that's why i kinda when in the higher end in cpus.

3 hours ago, 8tg said:

I just kinda look at these types of cases like you’re sacrificing too much in the name of sff without even going that small. 

the three main reasons why i wanted to downsize is bc it would give me more space on my desk since i can't put my pc on the ground and it would just make it easier for me to move the pc around when i need to since i test a lot of peripherals out for myself and friends since they don't have a full set-up. i was also looking at how wide the cases were bc i also wants to move my monitors around but i can't since my pc is in the way and my desk is small, and having a thinner case would allow me to upgrade my monitors as well since they are from like 2006-2009.

3 hours ago, 8tg said:

Id just get a normal matx case and run a 280mm/360mm aio or large air cooler.

matx or atx? i already have an atx build but it just keeps getting in my way.

4 hours ago, 8tg said:

One other system I have is in an Asus prime AP201

i took a look at the case and getting something like that would make it worse for me, yes it is smaller but the footprint it leave is larger than my current pc.