Would a deepcool ag620 , deepcool le500 or a superframe isengard hold a 5800x3d?

Matpc

Hello

I currently had a gammaxx 400 v2 that i previously used with a 5700x

I´ve made a upgrade and the same cooler easily reaches 90 degrees on the 5800x3d

Which one of the 3 options above would be the best ?

I never had a wc before , do i run the risk of water leaking into the pc or something ? and does the performance degrade over time? if so , about how much time?

Would the ag620 hold it too?(aircooler)

My case is dk415m (front mesh)

Thanks

Just looked that cooler up and aww its so dinky 😋.

If youre nervous about watercooling, theres a few things you should know, an AIO watercooler is pretty much plug and play, not really any maintenance either. Its custom loops that are a little trickier and need to be done right.

The 5800X3D can run a little hot at times but air cooling should be perfectly fine to cool it still. Thermalright and Deepcool are both good choices to cool it.

Anything near an NHD15, ak620, dark rock pro 4, Thermalrights frost spirit/commander & Phantom spirit/Peerless assassin should all be good to cool the 5800X3D with slightly varying performance, noise levels and price.

My recommendation would be the AK/AG620 or any of Thermalrights stuff!

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Never heard of Superframe, and everything I see online seems to be in Portuguese...

AK/AG620 should be good. There are others, including the aforementioned TR coolers. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

hmm i see

i´ve ended up buying a ag620 , i always dislked wc risks like radiator decreasing performance and the risk of leaking

I know it is a low risk but it is there

will post temps later

thanks

hey guys sorry to bump the thread but i´ve installed the ag620 and temps are about the same lmao

Am i doing something wrong ? tried 2 different pastes , checked if fans were working etc

My case is also front meshed ( dk415m) and temps were at 90 easily

Am i doing something wrong or should i buy a wc?

Thanks

Have you played with curve optimizer at all? I would try -25 all core and see what happens. My 58X3D can run with no fans installed on my FC140 and PS120SE in a stock Torrent Compact setup.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Have you played with curve optimizer at all? I would try -25 all core and see what happens. My 58X3D can run with no fans installed on my FC140 and PS120SE in a stock Torrent Compact setup.

never tried another settings , everything at default

I´m confused because i saw several videos and temps ran fine

Just now, Matpc said:

never tried another settings , everything at default

I´m confused because i saw several videos and temps ran fine

With air cooling, a lot really depends on your case, and fans. If you cant get air into the cooler, the CPU will get hot. That is why a lot of people say that air sucks and AIO is the way to go. An AIO does get immediate outside air.. 

The difference between high performance air, and high performance AIO is not as much as people would think. There is a difference sure, but it is not huge..

4 hours ago, freeagent said:

With air cooling, a lot really depends on your case, and fans. If you cant get air into the cooler, the CPU will get hot. That is why a lot of people say that air sucks and AIO is the way to go. An AIO does get immediate outside air.. 

The difference between high performance air, and high performance AIO is not as much as people would think. There is a difference sure, but it is not huge..

But you're enjoying your TR AIO, aren't you? 😉

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

3 hours ago, RevGAM said:

But you're enjoying your TR AIO, aren't you? 😉

I mean, yes it is good, but the rest of my components are running a bit warmer unless I juice up the fans. This case is not meant for liquid..

53 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I mean, yes it is good, but the rest of my components are running a bit warmer unless I juice up the fans. This case is not meant for liquid..

So, the temps are because of the case, not the AIO...

25 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

So, the temps are because of the case, not the AIO...

My CPU temps are great.. but the big hole that feeds the rest of the case has a big rad in it 🙂

43 minutes ago, freeagent said:

My CPU temps are great.. but the big hole that feeds the rest of the case has a big rad in it 🙂

Whats your fan layout in that case? Push/pull front mounted rad an exhaust and some bottom intake fans?

System specs:

17 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Whats your fan layout in that case? Push/pull front mounted rad an exhaust and some bottom intake fans?

Yup

IMG_0023.thumb.jpeg.5b8742390b441a00b8b3bc96a29a50ab.jpeg

11 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Yup

What is it that runs hot? You could do something with little 40mm fans  to move air around components that need it more. I have a little 40mm fan blowing upwards under the VRM heatsinks through the gap between the IO shield and the heatsinks, zip tied to the pcie slot brackets, keeps temps down about a degree, but i have good airflow over my VRMs anyway so they dont really get above 33/34 degrees, so id say a 1 degree differene is pretty decent at hose temps. Id say you could knock a few degrees off them with the same idea if you were to implement it yourself

Also have a little 40mm in the vertical mounts as an exhaust right beside the GPUs heatsink exhaust to pull hot air directly from the GPU outside the case so it doesnt build up. They both dont do a ton on their own but the little bits definitely add up! If youre running a little hot all over, look into the tiny fans and what you can do with them, theyre really versatile and fun to find ways to implement!

System specs:

1 hour ago, TatamiMatt said:

What is it that runs hot?

Nothing runs hot at all, just a few c warmer than the config I had it in before, being 2x 180mm fans where the rad is 😄

12 hours ago, Matpc said:

hey guys sorry to bump the thread but i´ve installed the ag620 and temps are about the same lmao

Am i doing something wrong ? tried 2 different pastes , checked if fans were working etc

My case is also front meshed ( dk415m) and temps were at 90 easily

Am i doing something wrong or should i buy a wc?

Thanks

My FC140  has trouble allowing my 7800X3D to get beyond 75C while stress testing, the ag620 is pretty much on par with this cooler and the 7800X3D has a higher TDP than the 5800X3D, if applied right you should find it hard to get past around 70-80 also.

Also is MSI center running something drawing a lot of power, i had an issue with the software bleeding an extraordinary amount of power into the chip and making it hit over 90C while idle, the instant i ended the task in task manager it dropped to 50 in about a second and idled at around 40 there after. Check in your task manager what is running when idle and what the power draw is of certain tasks, also check programmes like openhardwaremonitor to see your power draw and if its hitting high wattage when not doing a whole lot. The chip should be pretty cool running especially with a large air cooler on it like you have

System specs:

4 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Nothing runs hot at all, just a few c warmer than the config I had it in before, being 2x 180mm fans where the rad is 😄

Fair enough, still pop a few of those little fans i if you want to tinker and drop temps a touch more, i think i got a pack of 2 of those fans (cheap ones albeit) for about £6 or £7 (like $8 or $9). Theyre fun to tinker with even if your temps are fine 😋

System specs:

2 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Fair enough, still pop a few of those little fans i if you want to tinker and drop temps a touch more, i think i got a pack of 2 of those fans (cheap ones albeit) for about £6 or £7 (like $8 or $9). Theyre fun to tinker with even if your temps are fine 😋

It must sound like hornets in your case. 😉

8 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

It must sound like hornets in your case. 😉

Theyre pretty silent actually! Was quite surprising, i was expecting them to run like, as you said, little hornets and so was going to keep them at a constant 40% or so, but theyre quieter than most other components in the case and i can run them at 100% with relatively little noise (they were advertised as 5500 RPM but i seriously doubt that as theyre so quiet, but they move air so thats what matters! and quietly at that 😄)

System specs:

Oh yeah, I have all kinds of industrial fans that I can play with, but this is a good balance. Just gotta colour match my fans haha 🙂

On 11/15/2023 at 1:15 PM, TatamiMatt said:

My FC140  has trouble allowing my 7800X3D to get beyond 75C while stress testing, the ag620 is pretty much on par with this cooler and the 7800X3D has a higher TDP than the 5800X3D, if applied right you should find it hard to get past around 70-80 also.

Also is MSI center running something drawing a lot of power, i had an issue with the software bleeding an extraordinary amount of power into the chip and making it hit over 90C while idle, the instant i ended the task in task manager it dropped to 50 in about a second and idled at around 40 there after. Check in your task manager what is running when idle and what the power draw is of certain tasks, also check programmes like openhardwaremonitor to see your power draw and if its hitting high wattage when not doing a whole lot. The chip should be pretty cool running especially with a large air cooler on it like you have

are you using undervolt or anything? i find it almost impossible to cool the 5800x3d on stock settings lol

1 hour ago, Matpc said:

are you using undervolt or anything? i find it almost impossible to cool the 5800x3d on stock settings lol

i think i have a -25 curve on PBO, but still hits high wattage and i cant get it above 75 degrees. My mate is using an AK620, so very similar, on a 7700X, and that has the same TDP as the 5800X3D (take with a pinch of salt) and hes not undervolting it at all i believe

So next port of call,

What are you doing for it to hit 90C?

Have you added a negative curve optimiser?

What thermal paste are you using?

How much?

How are you spreading it?

How is the cooler situated?

Is the plastic off the bottom of the cooler?

Is it torqued down hard enough to 1 spread paste evenly and thinly (even if you had spread it already) and 2 have enough mounting pressure to ensure great contact across as much of the cpu as possible

System specs: