So I’ve found out that LTX 2024 isn’t happening, and this really bums me out. I wasn’t able to make it this year because I live in the southern US and plane tickets to Vancouver are 700 freedom eagles for two people. I was going to try to make it next year, but now I can’t.

So I had an idea: What if the community organized an LTX-like event for next year? Maybe sponsored by LMG? We might be able to rally the community and get some of the same sponsors and companies out if we got other creators involved.

This is probably an unlikely scenario, but I wanted to throw the idea out there just in case it isn’t totally bogus.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

18 hours ago, Miguel Merino said:

My tickets were 1000 freedom coins per person

Wow

That just builds on the point tho- it’d be cool if we could have an LTX in a more centralized place

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

On 11/7/2023 at 9:02 PM, GoStormPlays said:

So I’ve found out that LTX 2024 isn’t happening, and this really bums me out. I wasn’t able to make it this year because I live in the southern US and plane tickets to Vancouver are 700 freedom eagles for two people. I was going to try to make it next year, but now I can’t.

So I had an idea: What if the community organized an LTX-like event for next year? Maybe sponsored by LMG? We might be able to rally the community and get some of the same sponsors and companies out if we got other creators involved.

This is probably an unlikely scenario, but I wanted to throw the idea out there just in case it isn’t totally bogus.

Love this idea! Location ideas?

A good venue is necessary...

And we could make it kinda like Computex with big companies showcasing prototypes, products for sale, and LMG merch

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

14 hours ago, PowerPCFan said:

And we could make it kinda like Computex with big companies showcasing prototypes, products for sale, and LMG merch

Honestly I wouldn’t know. I haven’t done research on where a good spot would be, so that’s why I posted the idea here.

But it’s def something that we could get some companies on board with if we found a good venue.

14 hours ago, PowerPCFan said:

One cool idea would be to host a Whale-LAN type event at the show except it’s just one giant tournament with a bunch of different games rather than a bunch of tiny tournaments. Winner could get a 4090 or something.

Yeah, I live in the New England area (northeast USA) and plane tickets to pretty much any area in BC, Canada are expensive!!! But they're actually only around $300 if you book a few months ahead though. 

So I'll tag Linus too, it would be cool for this to happen. @LinusTech

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

On 11/14/2023 at 4:55 PM, PowerPCFan said:

Yeah, I live in the New England area (northeast USA) and plane tickets to pretty much any area in BC, Canada are expensive!!! But they're actually only around $300 if you book a few months ahead though. 

Yeah I'm in southern USA.

On 11/14/2023 at 9:55 PM, PowerPCFan said:

From England (the one where they drink tea) it's even more expensive to get to Vancouver but it would be a cool idea for it to be hosted in the US someplace central like Colorado or Illinois or (someplace else) 

On 11/16/2023 at 2:00 PM, GoStormPlays said:

Yeah I'm in southern USA.

Like Texas south? That's a looong trip

On 11/14/2023 at 4:17 PM, GoStormPlays said:

One cool idea would be to host a Whale-LAN type event at the show except it’s just one giant tournament with a bunch of different games rather than a bunch of tiny tournaments. Winner could get a 4090 or something.

That's a really good idea. It'd have to be an accessible game like, say, rocket league (cuz I'm good at it) or CS2/overwatch so that the most people can get a chance. @LinusTech 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

2 hours ago, filpo said:

That's a really good idea. It'd have to be an accessible game like, say, rocket league (cuz I'm good at it) or CS2/overwatch so that the most people can get a chance. @LinusTech 

It might also be cool to do a more casual game for a tournament (like a Mario Party/Kart, Beat Saber, etc.) so we’d have a nice mix of casual and competitive games.

2 hours ago, filpo said:

No I’m close to 2,900 miles away from Vancouver (it’s about 1,800 miles away from Texas)

7 hours ago, filpo said:

From England (the one where they drink tea) it's even more expensive to get to Vancouver but it would be a cool idea for it to be hosted in the US someplace central like Colorado or Illinois or (someplace else) 

Ya, rocket league is good... I'd prefer Fortnite though 🙂 (I'm really good)

5 hours ago, GoStormPlays said:

It might also be cool to do a more casual game for a tournament (like a Mario Party/Kart, Beat Saber, etc.) so we’d have a nice mix of casual and competitive games.

not everyone has a Nintendo switch and vr headset though, it would be good to choose rocket league, fortnite, etc, because they can be played on PC, ps4/5, xbox X/S/one, switch, etc. 

7 hours ago, filpo said:

Central USA is perfect! A shorter distance than Vancouver for anyone around the world to get to. Even Europe and Asia. 

30 minutes ago, PowerPCFan said:

not everyone has a Nintendo switch and vr headset though, it would be good to choose rocket league, fortnite, etc, because they can be played on PC, ps4/5, xbox X/S/one, switch, etc. 

If it was something like Mario kart we could just set up like 5 switches and just put couches and stuff around them or something.

16 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

If it was something like Mario kart we could just set up like 5 switches and just put couches and stuff around them or something.

Yeah, i guess that would work... i feel like it would be easier and better though if everyone BYOD (bring ur own device)

13 hours ago, PowerPCFan said:

Yeah, i guess that would work... i feel like it would be easier and better though if everyone BYOD (bring ur own device)

Sorry, I meant we would provide devices only for the party games.

Def better for everyone if they bring their own device for the competitive games.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it’d be a good idea if someone made like a fundraiser to do it. Of course, if we did that we’d need someone to head up the project first.