Why it is bad ? RTX 4060 ?

Md z

I was watching some youtube video about the RTX 4060 8GB version and most of the youtuber are telling this is bad but this card cost only 299 USD and RTX 3060 cost 349 USD. and it takes less power and give some little bit better performance 

but why are people hating this card ?

<-- Moved to Graphics Cards -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Its because its not as good as people expected it to be as its performance is close or only a little better than a 3060 and also it only has 8GB of vram which is becoming an issue in some newer games.

But if you can get it for 50$ less than a 3060 I think its an ok deal.

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.8GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.35v High LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs w/ 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

1 hour ago, Md z said:

I was watching some youtube video about the RTX 4060 8GB version and most of the youtuber are telling this is bad but this card cost only 299 USD and RTX 3060 cost 349 USD. and it takes less power and give some little bit better performance 

but why are people hating this card ?

Used 3060 should be around 200$, definitely not worth 350$ since thatd get you a 6800xt or 3080 used

4060 is trash because it doesnt perform much better than the 3060 whilst having less vram and usually costing more, though it looks like new last gen prices are going up but who the hell is stupid enough to buy new last gen with those egregious prices when used exists? Might aswell buy a new 7700xt or something

25 minutes ago, 8tg said:

The Radeon vii would beg to differ

So you're telling me that if Lisa Su walked up to you on the street and offered you a brand new Radeon VII for $50, you'd refuse it on the grounds that it's a bad card?

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

4060 is trash because it doesnt perform much better than the 3060 whilst having less vram

less vram?? thats actually awful.  i now officially hate the 4060, lol, there's your reason OP.

LESS VRAM THAN THE PRECEDESSOR.

Lisa Su would never do something like that!

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

So you're telling me that if Lisa Su walked up to you on the street and offered you a brand new Radeon VII for $50, you'd refuse it on the grounds that it's a bad card?

i would take both, the card and the 50 bucks, tyvm! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

i would take both, the card and the 50 bucks, tyvm! 

No bad cards, just bad prices lol

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

It's practically just a 3060 with 4GB less VRAM (-) and DLSS3 support (+). That's priced somewhat higher than the 3060. Unpopular opinion, but I'd say it's a good-ish GPU, BUT with a horrible price tag.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

On 10/29/2023 at 7:17 PM, emothxughts said:

It's practically just a 3060 with 4GB less VRAM (-) and DLSS3 support (+). That's priced somewhat higher than the 3060. Unpopular opinion, but I'd say it's a good-ish GPU, BUT with a horrible price tag.

in my country the price of RTX 3060 and RTX 4060 is same 
so should i buy the RTX 3060 if I needed to buy ?

It has its merits. But not good price and not impressive generational improvement. And the Ram thing. 

Impressive power draw though. And gigabyte has made a low profile version, so maybe it will be the goto card for ultra small builds. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

8 hours ago, Md z said:

in my country the price of RTX 3060 and RTX 4060 is same 
so should i buy the RTX 3060 if I needed to buy ?

Whats the price of a rx6700/rx6700xt? Those are flat out faster

The issue with the 4060 is that it is just badly priced and depending on the 3060's available has less vram than the 12gb 3060 that replaced the older 8gb 3060.

7 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

it will be the goto card for ultra small builds. 

Only issue is that it needs a 6 pin which basically means it's useless for all the low profile office pc's it is targeting

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Only issue is that it needs a 6 pin which basically means it's useless for all the low profile office pc's it is targeting

Point. Maybe for refurbing older office PCs with a new PSU (I may be grasping for straws at this point...)

Ive looked into how one could build a TV-console/dvdplayer/media center, and there are some nice low profile cases, where it could fit with an SFX psu

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

17 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

Point. Maybe for refurbing older office PCs with a new PSU (I may be grasping for straws at this point...)

Ive looked into how one could build a TV-console/dvdplayer/media center, and there are some nice low profile cases, where it could fit with an SFX psu

Yeah they all basically have a proprietary unit so pretty much not happening.

The best still is either that overexpensive quadro or a 1650lp. For the newest ones that have rebar and such a 6500xt is technically better but since it has NO media codec it's basically a brick that only can game and once that is out of it's reach it's literally useless for everything.

19 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

TV-console/dvdplayer/media center,

One of the usff ones and done. I have a hp prodesk g something mini with a 8400t in it. Plenty good for all that stuff.