Upgrade to s23?

AcrylicCave5618

Hey everyone,

I am currently using a galaxy s9 and I am well aware it needs an upgrade. I was wondering if the s23 would be a good choice, I would prefer to stay with samsung since I have had a generally good experience with their products however as long as I stay on android I don't really mind. I do plan to use my phone for a good few years so some decent support would be an appreciated factor.

Let me know what you guys think of the s23 compared to other options in that price range.

Thanks

41 minutes ago, AcrylicCave5618 said:

Hey everyone,

I am currently using a galaxy s9 and I am well aware it needs an upgrade. I was wondering if the s23 would be a good choice, I would prefer to stay with samsung since I have had a generally good experience with their products however as long as I stay on android I don't really mind. I do plan to use my phone for a good few years so some decent support would be an appreciated factor.

Let me know what you guys think of the s23 compared to other options in that price range.

Thanks

The S23 will be a big upgrade and can be found for quite cheap now. I got an S22, never thought I'd buy Samsung again, and very happy with it.

The S9 is older and the S23 gets more and longer updates than the S9. If you're looking for a compact Android there are only a few alternatives. The S23, Xiaomi 13, Asus Zenfone 9/10 and then there's the Pixel series. 

S23+ user here. I bought this phone after my s20+ (Exynos ver.) and this honestly is a really good phone.

I had a Pixel 7 Pro but returned it becuase it was getting too hot (atleast for my liking).

I might be a bit biased when it comes to the S23+ because I like it and might miss abvious flaws but to me its everything I wanted coming from a exynos powered samsung device.

EDIT:  Can't tell you anything about other phones in this pricebracket as I do not have experience with them.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

As a former S8+ and S10+ owner, I love the S23 Ultra. The amount of future software updates is big for me as I kept the S10+ for four years and mainly only turned it in do to minor but annoying software glitches. The battery life in it was still good enough to last through most of the day of heavy use, and all day with moderate. The S23U lasts me two days before I need to recharge it even after 6mo of use. For clarity; I do not fast charge my devices overnight; I use a wireless charger with fast charge via pads disabled on my phone, and only allow fast charging when plugged in which helps prolong battery life over the life of the device. 

I do miss the 3.5mm jack and user expandable storage, but I splurged on the 1TB model because Samsung gave me $300 for my S10+, and I bought a 5 pack of 3.5mm to USB-C dongles for the amount of headphones I have. The other phone I was looking at was the Pixel 7 pro, but the $300 for my old phone and 0% financing for 24mo sold me. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Yeah from what I've seen S23/+/Ultra are all pretty decent phones. I think you should be happy from any in that lineup.

I would avoid the recently released S23FE since it uses an older chipset that had some thermal issues.